Potato Cakes

L-brackets for 500 series.
« on: December 22, 2016, 06:51:11 PM »
Hello, friends,

I have a could of 500 series modules that am building and what looking for some guidance on how to also get L-brackets cut. I have the .fpd files for the modules, I just don't know how where to start for also getting brackets made.

Thanks!

Paul

Winetree

Re: L-brackets for 500 series.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 09:58:02 PM »

Potato Cakes

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 01:35:02 AM »
That is the part, yes. What I was referring to is having the holes cut for various 500 series PCBs. Most everyone who offers a full kit has an L bracket to mount the board to with the corresponding holes for pots and switches that match the cutouts on the face plate. I was trying to figure out how or where to order this part with the holes drilled for the different 500 series PCBs that are offered. I know some people just go without it, but I do a fair amount of remote work and touring, so I'd prefer to add the additional reinforcement if possible.

Thanks!

Paul

Dylan W

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 01:04:02 PM »
Do you (or a friend) have a drill press?

Grab an Irwin Step Bit, print the front panel design, duct-tape it to the bracket, clamp the whole thing to the drill press with a block of scrap wood underneath, and have at it.

Potato Cakes

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 03:23:38 PM »
The drill press is an option (my friend's), but I am occasionally hired to build gear for other people, an my metal working skills would not produce professional looking results. So I'm looking for a service like Front Panel Express for ordering this part with the holes cut to spec, but don't know where to look. Maybe Front Panel does this as well.

Thanks!

Paul

john12ax7

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 03:49:58 PM »
I think working with a local shop would be best, they can tell you exactly what they need to make what you need.

I haven't used them but an online option might be emachineshop

Potato Cakes

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2016, 08:58:14 PM »
Thanks! I'll check them out.

Paul