L-brackets for 500 series.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Potato Cakes

Hello, friends,

I have a could of 500 series modules that am building and what looking for some guidance on how to also get L-brackets cut. I have the .fpd files for the modules, I just don't know how where to start for also getting brackets made.

Thanks!

Paul

That is the part, yes. What I was referring to is having the holes cut for various 500 series PCBs. Most everyone who offers a full kit has an L bracket to mount the board to with the corresponding holes for pots and switches that match the cutouts on the face plate. I was trying to figure out how or where to order this part with the holes drilled for the different 500 series PCBs that are offered. I know some people just go without it, but I do a fair amount of remote work and touring, so I'd prefer to add the additional reinforcement if possible.

Thanks!

Paul

Do you (or a friend) have a drill press?

Grab an Irwin Step Bit, print the front panel design, duct-tape it to the bracket, clamp the whole thing to the drill press with a block of scrap wood underneath, and have at it.

The drill press is an option (my friend's), but I am occasionally hired to build gear for other people, an my metal working skills would not produce professional looking results. So I'm looking for a service like Front Panel Express for ordering this part with the holes cut to spec, but don't know where to look. Maybe Front Panel does this as well.

Thanks!

Paul

I think working with a local shop would be best, they can tell you exactly what they need to make what you need.

I haven't used them but an online option might be emachineshop

Latest posts

Back