Possible to wire DP3T toggle for 2 inputs/outputs?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trashcanman

I'm wanting to use a toggle switch to switch between 3 meter modes on a 1176 that I'm building and rather than using a rotary switch I thought I could use a toggle instead. Looking at DP3T toggles they only have 6 pins and don't seem to allow for this kind of thing without trickery. Is there anyway to wire these for this purpose? I've noticed 4P3T toggles which have 12 pins and might be what I need but they're much more expensive.

Interesting!

But this would seem to require the switch to be the right sequence(s) of on(on)off and/or on(off)off - is this pattern standardized nowadays?

Jakob E.

Alright, I spent too much time trying to figure this out so I'll just post this and see if it makes sense. This is an idea for using 2 DPDT switches to cover everything. One switch toggles the meter between +8 and +4db and the other toggles the GR on / GR meter while cutting out the first switch on one pole and the other pole toggles the GR off / GR meter off and the first switch back in. There's probably something wrong here but I'll come back later with a fresh mind.

I realised how wrong my previous drawing was right after I posted it. This one should make more sense I think, if you ignore the arrows.

Can anyone tell me if this looks correct? I think I've done it pretty much as it is with the single rotary. Bottom pic is what it should look like on the front panel, though I may change the labels to make it more clear what they do. Also in this setup I'd have the + meter terminal permanently wired to either pad 28 or 29 on the main board, depending on which pad the - is routed to.

Back