annus horribilis

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffrecords

What a rotten year. Bad enough I had to have my gall bladder removed and then one by one all my musical heroes passed.

Now, to finish up a really bad year, my mum just died.

Ian

ruffrecords said:
What a rotten year. Bad enough I had to have my gall bladder removed and then one by one all my musical heroes passed.

Now, to finish up a really bad year, my mum just died.

Ian
Wow I'm so sorry Ian! Wow. Nothing anyone could say can take away that sting, but we're here for you buddy if you want to talk some time.

I'm so sorry. Were you close?

Ian,

That is terrible news, I am so sorry.  No doubt she has moved on to a better place.

I hope the new year brings you better tidings.

:(

Best wishes to you, and your mum, RIP.

I had a small scare. My dad was advised to get a heart artery reamed. Did that last week. The procedure is almost trivial, they run a grabber into a neck vein to the heart. Of course the risk is they stir-up crud which goes to brain and gives him a stroke, which is what the procedure is supposed to prevent. So they kept him overnight and checked him every hour. Mom tried to keep us updated but I think she was balancing a cellfone on a bedpan, cryptic. In the end, he has a neck wound which embarrasses him but most of his friends have had similar work so NBD. For more fun, this was their 65th wedding anniversary!

It will be nice to finally put 2016 into the rear view mirror.  I am optimistic that 2017 will be better but I try to be optimistic about most things.

JR

[edit] @ Ian sorry about your mum but I hope she had a full life. For all the young pukes here with living parents maybe reach out to them and tell them you love them, whether you do or not. [/edit]

I'm sorry about your mother, Ian.  and sorry you have had such a bad 2016.
I sincerely wish you some peace and happiness in 20171

Andy

(of course I meant to write 2017, but then i thought the mistake would give you a chuckle...)

Latest posts

Back