Gssl (Diy) or Drawmer M500 Dyn Proc and mods ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r2d2

Hey

just to talk a bit about 2 options of compressor

seen that the Drawmer M500 can be found around for 300-400 euros
and it is dual mono or stereo , it have many options to set audio path processing include the total recall with midi ,
ready to "play" (no time for build , test ,etc... , than much time to make-process music...)
also seem there is some kit to mod in-out stages for better sound available on web
vs:
Gssl , that require a quantity of time for get info , parts order, build and test time , and other more
before place the unit on a setup ready to "play",
it is stereo only ,
and it do not have total recall for store and recall settings setups

please say-post your opinion about

cheers

I own a M500 and like it very much. It has a problem where the screen gets old and is hard to read, but this affects the sound in no way.
Once you get used to the awkward interface it is easy to use, but I mainly use it for stereo or dual-mono compression.
The few times I have tried it on the 2-channel output, I did not like it for that, but I usually do not use a comp on the output when mixing.
Can you link to the mods, please? I did replace the input and output capacitors on it, as it as very old when I got it.
It is built like a tank. Mine had the front panel bent, which must have taken a lot of force. I bent it back into shape, and fixed a short caused by the frame bending, which had blown the regulators.
I have not had the pleasure of using the GSSL, but always wanted to try it.

Latest posts

Back