Check this custom desk

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never seen anything like that. It is  almost the dream custom tube console. Did you take the pics yourself or are they from a web site? Where is this beast?

Cheers

Ian

That is awesome. It really is the dream tube desk. If you notice not an led monitor thus daw in sight but the reel to reel vu meters are on.

Rocinante said:
Found it
http://kerwax.com/studio/

Looks like the website needs to be updated to the massive upgrade

Yes, there is only the Klangfilm centre piece on the web site. I cannot believe only two tubes is sufficient to carry out all the EQ functions - are those thinner strips perhaps taken from the Philips console?

They have a serious quantity of vintage gear.

Cheers

Ian

I would love to be a tech at that place.  I could reach  back into my old bag of tricks and put them to use again.  I wonder what tape they use?

The pics are from Kerwax and their facebook page, yes their website is not up to date. 

Nice piece of kit for sure. I wonder if the the channels are a combination of tube and chips or tubes and discrete?

I do not have any more info then the photos at the moment. I'll see what I can dig up.

Happy new year everybody.

bernbrue said:
Oh, I never knew that there is such a nice studio in Brittany. My family in law lives just 50km away. Next holiday I'll knock at their door.
Happy new year
Bernd

Take your camera and post loads of pics.

Cheers

Ian

It's like two different channel strips for each channel - something very old and tube, and something very old but solid state era.

The brown strips almost look like something Yamaha - stepped gain at bottom like the early stuff, but toggle switches and stacked knobs like a PM3000 channel.

And a pair of Celestion speakers? My vintage British speaker history is OK, but not good enough to quote model numbers - or names if they are Celestions

A large proportion of the rack gear has chrome handles - always a good sign!

Nick Froome

pucho812 said:
Old Altec voice of the theater stuff was quite common back in the day. They still use it for echo chambers at places like sunset sound and capitol recording studios.

That seems like an Altec A5, I never listened to that but I have to say I listened to Altec A7, a similar design, and they sound tremendous, I'm a fan and if I could I would use those as the Big monitors in my studio.

the A5 was an upgraded cabinet compared to the A7.
often paired with a tar-filled multi-cell horn and large format HF driver such as the 288.
attached photo of an A5 at Columbia, New York.

Latest posts

Back