• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for a capsule to put into my empty MD421-N shell!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucas.adlhoch

Hey guys!
I just bought the shell of an old MD421N with all its components - except the capsule.
I would like to make it a small DIY project to find a nice capsule and put it in there!
How do I get one/do you have anything to offer?

Hi,
I have a Peluso CEK-89 never opened, if you are interested. 50€ without shipp.
Regards,
Hugo

lucas.adlhoch said:
Hey guys!
I just bought the shell of an old MD421N with all its components - except the capsule.
I would like to make it a small DIY project to find a nice capsule and put it in there!
How do I get one/do you have anything to offer?

Are you sure that circuit is original?
I've opened and saw the insides of many MD421 mics, different versions, and never saw something similar of what you have there.

IMG_0909a.jpg

Senn421_internal-1024x951.jpg

IMG_0912a.jpg

Whoops said:
Are you sure that circuit is original?
I've opened and see the insides of many MD421 mics, different versions, and never saw something similar of what you have there.

IMG_0909a.jpg

Senn421_internal-1024x951.jpg

IMG_0912a.jpg

idem, switch , cable , head , even the box closing screws all look different than the various 421 or the cheaper 521 models

Also the MD421 bodies are 1 piece solid plastic they don't separate in the middle like the body you have, that actually is 2 parts.  Thats probably another microphone

mjrippe said:
Looks like an MD411 to me.

I was not aware of the MD411 mic, but it sure looks like it.

more pictures of the mic and grille would easily reveal that.

Not sure if it's a mic worth of loosing time with, in this case not even a mic, just a body with transformer

Latest posts

Back