Xbox into Neve Preamp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Jacob,

not at all!!!! i was just looking for a case which was a nice size and have a couple of broken xbox 360 consoles lying around and thought, if i gut it its got a nice metal case inside!! hopefully should work perfect!!

sizing it all up, seems to all fit apart from the transformer i'm going to wind for the 2 x 24v, but its only a little bigger than the output transformer so will be fine.
start drilling tomorrow!

Spencerleehorton said:
Have used the ssl 9k psu but not populated the - rail, is this why I'm getting 60v on the 48v?
Could none suggest a tweak please so I can just use 24v and 48v.

2 x 23.82VAC  = 47.64 VAC
after full wave rectification  47.64 VAC x 1.414 =67.36 VDC
This is probably the aproximate voltage you have at the LM317 input

You don't need to populate the -rail, but you will need to put a trimmer into the LM317 that regulates the 48V rail.
With the trimmer you can adjust the output voltage for that rail.
Replace R1 (8k2) for a 10K trimmer wired as a variable resistor.

A Multiturn trimmer will work the best because you can be more precise when adjusting the voltage.
Use an heatsink on the LM317

Great idea for a portable PSU box.

You should put a mesh/grille on that fan to avoid at some point some screws getting inside the PSU and shorting out, or even breaking the fan

Whoops said:
Great idea for a portable PSU box.

You should put a mesh/grille on that fan to avoid at some point some screws getting inside the PSU and shorting out, or even breaking the fan

i have some side holes,  for air circulation, i placed mesh there, but, ran out of mash...
then i got lazy :)

Latest posts

Back