B&K (DPA) 4006

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys,

I didn't want to open a new topic but I'm also looking for the schematics of the B&K (DPA) 4011, any revision would be helpful.

Thanks
Jannis

No luck finding any of them. I'm guessing the schematics haven't been made public because people aren't willing to open up their DPA mics to trace them, and DPA doesn't want anybody doing their own repairs.

B&K and DPA do not supply schematics for equipment that needs a clean room to be handled. In their view, any mic that needs repair, needs calibration after repair.

Most of their other equipment comes with schematics in the service manual.

That's what I've been told when I inquired.

Hey everyone,

thanks for the replies. It's a shame that they refuse to release any schematics and I don't really get their "clean room" policy regarding the electronics of the preamplifier but well -  there's nothing I can do about it.

Best
Jannis

analogguru said:
Oh no, you can do something.... if you have one, you can take some pictures from both sides of the pcb(s) and post them here.

That'd be great and I'd definitely do that if I had one of them laying around. But I'm actually just looking for a circuit to complement two 4011 capsules that I've bought without the preamplifiers and I at least wanted to see, how the DPA-guys do it themselves. For now I think I'm just gonna go with a standard Schoeps-style circuit or Rogs's RF-circuit until I get around to finishing and testing my own RF-circuit idea.

Best
Jannis

analogguru said:
Oh no, you can do something.... if you have one, you can take some pictures from both sides of the pcb(s) and post them here.
There are some pictures of the 4006 and 4011 internals on Saturn-Sound,  they're not very close up or detailed and nothing is labeled. Also the 4011 has a yellow film covering some of the components.

Latest posts

Back