LA2A P2P.. What is the role of 12BH7 ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hugo

Hi all,
I just finished my first La2a (i plan to make 4 of them ^^)...but i have an issue regarding a self noise..
I made some test by removing tubes..and it seems the noise is at a normal level when the 12BH7 is not connected. Also, even without the 12BH7, everything works on the la2a, so i would like to know the exact role of that 12bh7.. the noise is not related to the gain control...maybe the heaters ? I really do not know since it is my forst p2p build.. Thank you for your advices.
Hugo

On a stock LA2 the 12BH7 drives the output. Pull it, no output.

So what have you really built?

hugo said:
Hi all,
I just finished my first La2a (i plan to make 4 of them ^^)...but i have an issue regarding a self noise..
I made some test by removing tubes..and it seems the noise is at a normal level when the 12BH7 is not connected. Also, even without the 12BH7, everything works on the la2a, so i would like to know the exact role of that 12bh7.. the noise is not related to the gain control...maybe the heaters ? I really do not know since it is my forst p2p build.. Thank you for your advices.
Hugo

You mean you pull out the 12bh7 and you still get signal? If so, revise your layout.

yes.
you will indeed observe some output signal with the 12BH7 pulled.
the path is via the feedback loop.

solved, the wire from v2 center to  6A was connected to 6B of the main turret... I have a perfectly working unit from now !

Latest posts

Back