search someone to prod. custom cases (Opto 6 with pultec design)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hugo

Hi all,
I made a draw on front panel design, for my opto  6 pair, and i would like to find a good supplier..
Usual diy websites seems expensive regarding the quality of their products (partial powdercoating, bad fill in for letters, very light aluminium cases or panels.. That is why i am looking from strong cases  (steel),  big enough for drip's incredible dimensions.
Here is a screenshot of the draw, the color needed is powder coated RAL5009 silkscreened. My goal is to have a monochrome rack with the Martin's Pultec chassis..blue full stereo channel .

- The knobs for peak and gain are big dakaware
- the vu meter is Vintage-Meters-VM-B10
- the knobs for realse time and comp/limit are are like pultec freq
- the gr/out is a chicken knob
- jewel light, zero set on the front
- knobs pultec for on/off

Since it is my first project like this, any recommendation would be nice .
Thank you

If you are planning to make just one panel, silk screening will be more expensive than the other methods you have investigated.

Cheers

Ian

Yes you're right, but the result will be more "realistic" regarding my other units which are silk screened. I stay open for engraving if the silk screen is too difficult

You are not going to find cheaper than engraving. With silk screening you are buying the set up process, probably powder coating, emulsion process,  screen transfer, the screen (which they keep), and then the actual screening, drying, etc... For pro audio companies its worth it as they qre going to screen 100s of units. Hell, even a dozen would be worth it.  This route has long been investigated and the cheapest peo looking solution is engraving.  If you find otherwise please let us know . Good luck.

it cost about $20 where I live for a full color UV printing on a 2U 19" front and back panel. afterwards, I spray over a few layers of auto grade clear coat for an additional scratch resistant. so far it's been pretty satisfying.

metalb00b00 said:
it cost about $20 where I live for a full color UV printing on a 2U 19" front and back panel. afterwards, I spray over a few layers of auto grade clear coat for an additional scratch resistant. so far it's been pretty satisfying.

Hi, thank you for this info, do you have the name, to find it ?

I'm sure in France you can find some, because it's quite a lucrative business.
Look for one that owns a large flatbed UV printer, and accept personal projects with no minimum order quantity.

I can also make the panels for you, but the shipping fee to France is gonna be very expensive.
With it, you'll be looking at a figure of $900-$1000 for 6 pair (6x 19" 2U front panels and 6x back panels?) of laser cut-powder coated-UV printed 3mm thick mild steel panels.

Someone else here can probably offer you a better deal, or you can search for a Chinese metal fabrication company at Alibaba/Aliexpress, with luck you might find one who's willing to make the enclosures for a small price.

Good luck!

metalb00b00 said:

Any pics?

Back