Where to buy Jensen transformers?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it doesn't have to be Jensen brand but just the same type of transformer, Cinemag's CM-75101A should be a drop-in replacement (I think that's the right one).

I would eMail Radial Engineering or check their website.

Jensen was suffering from year-to-year sales volumes trending lower and consistently, and there were hints they were about to close shop; Radial was buying over half of their output so in what appears to be a mutually agreeable transaction, Radial bought Jensen a year or two ago.

Ian … just a thought

I do not know about taxes and toll fees from the U.S to U.K, but to Sweden (EU) the cost in USD is added with the shipping and then 10% in custom fee and then 25% VAT so the final cost is usually more expensive than order something from within the EU.

Have you compared this when ordering let say Sowter transformers and Jensen transformers… Is it a difference? I know shipping is something you pay for even when ordering stuff in Sweden but from the U.S it is far more expensive than from the U.K.

Best regards

/John

johnheath said:
Ian … just a thought

I do not know about taxes and toll fees from the U.S to U.K, but to Sweden (EU) the cost in USD is added with the shipping and then 10% in custom fee and then 25% VAT so the final cost is usually more expensive than order something from within the EU.

Have you compared this when ordering let say Sowter transformers and Jensen transformers… Is it a difference? I know shipping is something you pay for even when ordering stuff in Sweden but from the U.S it is far more expensive than from the U.K.

Best regards

/John

Yes, this is an added expense. In the UK, the shipping cost is added then 20% VAT is added to the total. Then a fee is charged for collecting the VAT! I am sure the Americans have the same problem buying Sowter transformers. As you are in Sweden why don't you use Lundahl?

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
Yes, this is an added expense. In the UK, the shipping cost is added then 20% VAT is added to the total. Then a fee is charged for collecting the VAT! I am sure the Americans have the same problem buying Sowter transformers. As you are in Sweden why don't you use Lundahl?

Cheers

Ian

Well, in fact it is not so easy to order the Lundahl transformers in those quantities that I use… on their website they say that if you want to order larger quantities you could order directly from Lundahl but otherwise they refer to their distributors… and there is none in Sweden!?

From what I have heard they produce very good transformers and I surely would like to use them but there is another problem for me and that is that I am building point-to-point since I don't have any connections with people that can make PCB's for me… I guess this last problem can be solved but I guess it would be expensive.

So far I am quite satisfied with the Sowters but there are so much nice stuff out there that I would like to try out :)

Best regards

/John

So hurry up with the Sowters. Once Brexit is done you have the same import fees like with Jensen.
For Lundahls you don't need a PCB to mount them, just use a piece of Veroboard.
Just ask them for small quantities in Sweden, they might do it themselves.

[silent:arts] said:
So hurry up with the Sowters. Once Brexit is done you have the same import fees like with Jensen.
For Lundahls you don't need a PCB to mount them, just use a piece of Veroboard.
Just ask them for small quantities in Sweden, they might do it themselves.

Yes, it has occured to me that a veroboard probably would work for mounting  transformers with pins instead of leads.

Actually I will ask them about small quantities of transformers... I will get back on this :)

Best regards

/John

Just spåoke to Per Lundahl on the phone and I was wrong... you could order directly from Lundahl by just sendeíng them an e-mail. He admitted that their website could be a bit more informative about this possibility but there are no problems in ordering from them.

He also sent me a list of all transformers and how much they cost... if someone would be interested.

Discounts starts from 10 pieces and next level is 25, 50 and 200.

Best regards

/John

ruffrecords said:
RESULT!!

Cheers

Ian

Yes, it looks promising really.

And by a quick look at the prices I must say that they are fairly even with the Sowters.

best regards

/John

Latest posts

Back