Need help with my first mixer build

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drumstud

Please be gentle. I've had my hand at building some passive summing mixers before but I've always had help with the design aspect.

So here is my idea:

I want to build a simple 5 to 1 mono line mixer with aux sends on every channel for some of my analog synths.

I was thinking about some sort of passive summing section with two CAPI preamp kits as the makeup gain (one as the main amp and the other as the aux amp).

But from what I'm seeing I'm guessing I will need some type of active buffer amp for the aux sends?

Could anyone help me?  I could also use some help with the power supply.

Again be gentle with me. Ha!

ruffrecords said:
I am not clear as to the purpose of the AUX sends. Where do they go and what happens to the return signal?

Cheers

Ian

I wanted an aux send pot on each channel (5total).
The aux send will feed to my outboard FX(reverb/delay/ect) and then I can bring them back on one of the channels. 

I like to have my FX in parallel with my synths.

Perhaps look for a schematic of a commercial product with those features (doesn't have to be a perfect match). Study the schematic until you understand how they implemented the circuitry to support those features.

The schematic may not be the single best implementation but will likely not have a bunch of extra unnecessary circuitry. Stand on the shoulders of those who have done this before.

JR

Latest posts

Back