Tascam Portastudio compatability

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffrecords

I am thinking of replacing my aged AKAI DPS24 stand alone DAW with a current Tascam product like the DP-24 SD. I mostly embellish demos recorded by my old friend Bob. At the moment he uses an 8 track cassette recorder and I dub the cassettes to the AKAI for further work. What I would like to do is get him to use the Tascam digital equivalent which I think would be the DP-03 SD. What I don't know is if I would be able to plug in the SD card he recorded on a DP-3 straight into the DP-24. Anyone know?

Yes, I have asked Tascam but I thought I would ask here also as I might well get a much faster response.

Cheers

Ian

DP-3 SD card FAT partition.
.\BACKUP
.\WAVE

Backup of the songs data are stored in BACKUP.
Exported tracks or to be imported as tracks are stored as WAV audio files in WAVE folder.

DP-24 SD card FAT partition.
.\AudioDepot
.\MUSIC

Backup of the songs data are stored in MUSIC.
Exported tracks or to be imported as tracks are stored as WAV audio files in AudioDepot folder.

DP-24 manual doesn't say it can open DP-3 backup songs data. Probably can't.
Best to just plug the DP-3 SD card to a computer, and copy the WAV audio files from the WAVE folder to the DP-24 SD card AudioDepot folder using USB connection.

Thanks for the reply, I have discovered that the 03 has a separate partition with a proprietary format that is used normally for recording and playback. For export, tracks are converted to .wav and stored in a separate FAT partition which can then be read by a PC. DP-24 seems to use FAT throughout so there is clearly a route via a PC. I had hoped there might be a more direct route. Still no response from Tascam.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back