• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED - VU meter/AC panel meter

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

untune

Just putting feelers out in case there might be anything out there;

I have a dead meter in a preamp that I'm working on. It's quite unique and has a 45mm circular cutout for the back side, and the front measures about 54mm x 50mm.  Appears to be based on a Simpson 1247. I'd like to find something that looks old... doesn't necessarily have to be a VU meter and I'm not too fussed about VU calibration, just seeing a rough signal level. I can't seem to find anything new that fits the bill and I want to avoid cutting the panel unless I have to.

I've got a Sifam from an old Ferrograph tape machine which looks perfect but will require additional circuitry to drive, so ideally something simpler would be a better option.  If anyone has anything that might work please let me know :)

Cheers

Latest posts

Back