Small PCB for Lundahl transformers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnheath

Hi all…

I have very recently started looking at Lundahl transformers (good since they are produced here in Sweden) and I thought I could use a small piece of Veroboard for mounting. I am building P2P and the Lundahl transformers do not come with leads.

The problem that presented itself was that there seems to very few veroboarsds that have 1,5mm holes… something the Lundahl transformers require.

So my question is if there is someone here that is willing to make small pieces of PCB with holes large enough to accommodate the 1,5mm pins of Lundahl transformers.

Personally I have no tools or machines needed for making PCB's

I have not yet decided exactly what transformer I would buy but merely investigating the possibility to get the needed PCB. The pins are too close for making a turret board for the job.

Best regards

/John

Hi John,

they fit, I have seen many mounted like this.
I only have used / desoldered Lundahls at my hands, it is a tight fit, so it might be a good idea to just drill the hole in the Veroboard a little wider.

Ah… of course… drilling :)

Well, it was nice to hear that it is doable anyway… Thank you sir.

Best regards

/John

The US distributor K+K Audio makes a mounting PCB for the MC step up transformers.

Another thing to try is drilling out the holes so the transformer fits. Physically secure it to the PCB with a cable tie or something handy. Then solder directly to the transformer pin.

Back