• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found : Custom Transformer with US-EI150 Core

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nashkato

I´ve got a hard time finding a replacement for a burnt tube powertransformer here in non US .

My first choice was to repair the old transformer  but the laminations are in bad shape , too and costs would be quite as much as buying a new  transformer .

Dimension wise I depend on an US EI150 Core (see attched pic from Edcor laminations)
the original Transformer was app a 2,5" stack.
i found something similar at tubeampdoctor but i need all outlets to be on one side .

Can anybody point me into the right direction to transformer manufacturers that make one-off custom transformers  and ship worldwide ?
(I asked Edcor btw , but i need more secondaries than they can make )

Thanks

20000-EI150.jpg

You could try here, they are wonderful to work with and pricing is very acceptable. I never asked them to do anything as specific as you're asking for though, only toroids.

http://www.mueller-rondo.com/

Regards,

characterstudios

David,

I would say Sowter but they are very expensive for one off.

However, I have just discovered a local company in Glasgow but I do not know them. E-mail me your specifications and I will give them a call to discuss and see what they come up with. If it is all ok with you, either you deal with them directly or I would happily do it on your behalf and ship it to you.

Cemal

Latest posts

Back