Inverse RIAA script in APwin

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Habibi

Hello,

I've just picked up my first AP Sys-one 322, slowly getting to know it. Whiltst I expect to be getting to know it for some years I would like to know if anyone has had any success running scripts in APWin? In particular I would like to apply an inverse RIAA function for testing phono preamps.

I have no experience in Visual Basic but can design filters in C/C++, so I will find someone to translate this for me if needed. Thought I would put some feelers out here to see if anyone has already done this?

Habibi

This is not easy for a novice with low or no ApWin  usage under your belt. Here are the basics: The GEN can have a EQ curve added and the RIAA curve is part of the program files. Load this curve, COMPUTE invert and save as INVRIAA or your name ? Now add this curve to the GEN EQ and run test.

You may wish to go to http://www.sound-logic-la.com and or  LinkedIn, Classic AP Audio Systems LA, In this group you can ask questions and most of the members have years of knowledge.
I service older AP systems
Duke  :)
[email protected]

Just in case anyone searches for this in the future I have figured out a way to achieve the IRIAA, as per Audio1Man's suggestion.

It's simply a list of frequency values compared to corresponding level values. I did up to 50 points and it works well enough for me.

Attached are AP1 files with EQ files for use if anyone needs them.

Habibi

Edit: I tried to attach the files but wasn't allowed. Not sure where to go form here - I guess PM me if you would like them?

Back