Questions before building SSL Mixbus Compressor

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kike

Hi Everyone,

I am planing to build ssl clone and I am doing some research before.

So I want to implement a HPF to the Compressor and I have found the
"Super Sidechain for GSSL" Project.

If I got it right,
"Return" is connected to the "Sidechain" Input Jack (If I want one), but where do I have to connect "Send" and why?
I know what to do with other connections.

And one more,

On the main board of the SSL Comp there are three holes and on the silk it is labeled HPF.
I have searched forums but didn't find any information about that.

On the old pcb that trace is connected.

Can someone explain why are those holes there and what to do with them?

I have put the attachments of the pictures

Thanks!!

But I am not  thinking to build gustav's board but this one - http://sdiy.de/de/projects/superSC.html.
Is that board OK for my project?.

I figured what is hpf connection on the pcb.

If someone else is wondering, HPF is for mounting capacitor in combination with switch to implement simple sidechain function on the SSL.  If you want more, you need to build extra sidechain board.
I have seen the Assembly Guide from pcbgrinder

The board you talk about is just the Sidechain board, you'll obviously need a GSSL board. I can't help you on how to connect the super side chain board to the GSSL pcb but there is plenty of threads talking about it and you should be able to find a lot of informations on group diy about that. Just do a research in the "compressor" page or in the "Lab" page, typing the right words. What I can say is, when building a classic GSSL, the HPF holes on the pcb are where you connect the switch with the cap between to get a fixed frequency HPF. The value of the cap is related to the filtered frequency.

Cheers

Yes, I know how to connect gssl board and sidechain board.
I didnt know what is hpf on board but now I know.
Thank you.

Latest posts

Back