Small Parts Storage

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo Deadly

I have been using small plastic bins for caps and little "ziplock" baggies for resistors but the system is not efficient or organized.

Ideally I was thinking about something like a binder with plastic pockets so that I can flip through labelled pages and see the parts through the clear plastic pockets. I bought something sort of like this at an office supply store but they're really for business cards and photos so the pockets are open at one edge such that small parts would just fall out if the binder were tilted in the wrong way.

So what do people do about this sort of thing?

I don't know whats the quantities you have.

For resistors I use 3 drawers, with ziplock plastic bags that fit perfectly.  I'm really happy with how the resistor system I got is working.
For capacitors I use more drawers. I can take pictures of my setup in the next days so you can see it it helps you.

For component drawers I use this ones made by SUC, they're nicely built, as it's metal it's quite stable when opening drawers I really dislike the floppy cheap plastic drawers for that reason:

92102601409101156.JPG

92102201409100707.JPG

here is what I do for resistors. Using coin envelopes cut to size.  They fit perfectly into the spaces of this container, easy to sort through and grab what you need. close the lid and it keeps everything in place etc.

resistors.jpg

My system is similar to Humner but with transparent ziplock small bags, not as pretty as Humner but works very well and I actually like to have the resistors in transparent bags.

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

This is what I did with my resistors:
Pe1dGWe.jpg

Most small electronics parts already come in ziplocks. So I just sandwiched the bags between two pieces of tape and then punched the notebook holes in the tape. I used little bits of metal tape for reinforcing the holes. Above pic shows assembly.
TkFjYMY.jpg

Now I can flip through, see the parts clearly and I keep the original bag with critical specs, part numbers, etc. And perhaps most important, it's very compact. All of my resistors are in one binder.

Latest posts

Back