DMX foot controller mods or rebuild Blackout simple controls for stage

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spencerleehorton

Hi Guys,

I am trying to get a foot controller working with my slimline acme par panel led lights, all i really want is the sound to light, a blackout function and a way to cycle through the chases.
i have two foot controllers kicking around here but no clue how to implement them into actually controlling DMX?
the two i have is an Acme CA-32F an a QTX light FC1 controller, any thoughts on getting these working with the above idea would be welcomed.

regards

Spence.

The Acme is a DMX foot controller, so it should do most of what you're after. Do you still  have the manual for it, or can you find it online? You're definitely gonna need it. Does your gear have 5 pin XLR DMX connectors on the fixtures and controller, or 3 pin?

https://www.maxlight.ru/downloads/acme/ca-32.pdf

Looks like you need the CA-32 controller. The CA-32F is simply a remote foot controller for the CA-32.

Here's where to get manuals for Acme products http://www.acme.com.cn/Service.aspx?lang=en

My day job is owning a stage lighting repair company. For a Chinese manufacturer, Acme is pretty good. You should be able to find documentation for your lights at the link above. I could not see the model number from the link you sent.

Do you know how to DMX address the fixtures? Each fixtures uses 4 DMX channels. If you want them to all do the same think, set them all to  channel 1. If you want individual control, the furst one will be address 1' 2nd will be 4,  3rd will be 9, and 4th will be 13, . They will all have to be serially connected with mic cables.

Hi,

Yes I know how to connect them and just to be clear I have connected one light and got it selected to address 1 but the fc1 doesn't actually do anything?
So I can see that the light goes into dmx mode but then doesn't control the light?
The documentation is so basic is doesn't cover how to setup?
Mine are the Amce led panel 212rgb

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/917657/Acme-Led-212rgb.html

I could not find a manual for the FC1 online. If all the stuff was sitting in front of me I **might** be able to diddle around with it long enough to figure it out, but without a manual it will be tough to sort out from this side of the pond.

This is not a generic DMX foot controller. It is designed to control the QTX fixtures that go with it. From the manual:

<Thank you for purchasing our FC-1 foot controller. This foot controller is small, portable and will control our “QTX Light” range of slimline par cans. It has three buttons with LED digital display readout, so you know exactly what you're doing. This is a great product for musicians and performers who want to change the lighting scene at the press of a button.>

So now check to see if the DMX protocol for the Acme fixtures you own EXACTLY match the QTX Light fixtures. If so, you're in luck and everything should work together.

Latest posts

Back