RIP JP

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnRoberts

Staff member
GDIY Supporter
I am saddened to report an old friend passing.

John Petrucelli was probably best known as the "P" from APB consoles, but before that he was lead engineer for Crest Consoles (also well respected).  I got to know him pretty well after Peavey bought Crest and I spent time up in NJ, but JP had been a customer of my old kit company back in the 70's-80s.

APB is more of a live sound- fixed install company than studio stuff so he may not be recognized here. IMO he was a real deal rock solid console design engineer.  Nothing flashy just great sounding analog audio paths that worked exactly as you wanted/expected them to.

JR

Very sorry to hear. I own two APB consoles, using them in my studio and rehearsal space. Wonderful pieces. I got to speak with John a couple of times when I first bought the consoles and had some questions. He was always very friendly and helpful.

pucho812 said:
I knew JP...
He was doing things with trident and their parent company in the last couple of years. He was a good man and very knowledgeable.
:(
Taz Bhogal, the "B" in APB worked at Trident back in the day (before Crest), now PMI (who owns Trident and a few other brands). JP did circuit design consulting with different companies. The last project I remember discussing with him was some kind of clean power strategy for tweaky (obviously) audiophiles, but I can't share details I don't know.

JR

JohnRoberts said:
Taz Bhogal, the "B" in APB worked at Trident back in the day (before Crest), now PMI (who owns Trident and a few other brands). JP did circuit design consulting with different companies. The last project I remember discussing with him was some kind of clean power strategy for tweaky (obviously) audiophiles, but I can't share details I don't know.

JR

I was a head bench tech for PMI for a couple of years. TAZ and JP  were the guys doing a lot of the design for them. TAZ did the recent trident 88 console and 78 console for them.  JP was handling their tonelux line debugging the paul wolf  potholes while making the road the same  character and sonic paul wolf had done.  IIRC JP did a other work in their other brand lines as well.

pucho812 said:
I was a head bench tech for PMI for a couple of years. TAZ and JP  were the guys doing a lot of the design for them. TAZ did the recent trident 88 console and 78 console for them.  JP was handling their tonelux line debugging the paul wolf  potholes while making the road the same  character and sonic paul wolf had done.  IIRC JP did a other work in their other brand lines as well.
Then that stuff probably doesn't suck....  8)

JR

PS: Paul Wolff is another character I've known for decades... Not at their level for design chops, but a talent crafting products that appeal to the audiophile market, at and since API part II. 

JohnRoberts said:
Then that stuff probably doesn't suck....  8)

JR

PS: Paul Wolff is another character I've known for decades... Not at their level for design chops, but a talent crafting products that appeal to the audiophile market, at and since API part II.

Indeed.  :)

Latest posts

Back