Heaters in La-2a

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hugo

Hi all,
I ask myself about my work on my la-2a.. espiaccly the heaters part, and the best place for those wires...
Here is a picture of how i made it originally, but maybe it would be better to have the heaters higher, close to the tubes...
What do you think about it ?
Thank you

have seen both ways, leads next to chassis and leads elevated, old man Navy teacher taught us electronics in HS, said raise em up so they don't couple ac to chassis,

looks too neat, maybe rough those wires up a bit, a few solder burns would help make it look legit,  :D

hugo said:
Hi all,
I ask myself about my work on my la-2a.. espiaccly the heaters part, and the best place for those wires...
Here is a picture of how i made it originally, but maybe it would be better to have the heaters higher, close to the tubes...
What do you think about it ?
Thank you
Twisted pair don't radiate that much; let the chassis be the shield as it is. In case you have a issue (very unlikely) you may put a copper foil to completely surround them. If you elevate your wiring, it will be much harder to do.

Good evening Hugo...

Just took a look in my genuine LA-2a and your heater wiring appears close to the real deal.

In mic preamps or high gain guitar amps AC heaters are a thing to avoid. LA-2a has a ton of gain but with trimmed balance should be fine, twisted as tight as you did place them when they look tidier!

JS

Latest posts

Back