• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

--SOLD--: Vintage original Studer 169 mixer. ⇓Price reduced ⇓

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greebok

Hello guys!

Up for sale the original vintage Studer 169 console with the meter board.
It has 7 mono channels with great mic/line transformer preamps and filter/EQ section, phantom and polarity switch, 3 stereo channels (3 x 2), stereo limiter on master section, 2 sends (Fb+AUX), talkback. Each channel also has solo, mute, pfl switches.
The mixer is in great working order and in very good cosmetic shape (see pictures).
This is really nice sounding console with great sounding preamps as well. It sound wide, deep and warm. It's a great peace of gear!
You may google about it and find many many positive feedbacks about this mixer.
Though I guess many people here know what it is.

I'm asking for 4500 3600 €. Feel free to make me an offer.

I accept Paypal and bank wire transfer.
I can ship worldwide via EMS Express right to your door.

Me on ebay - http://www.ebay.com/usr/greeb-ok?rmvSB=true

mro said:
still a 169  ;)

4500 €??? Whoa!!!

Well.. if people wish - the 169.
However I'm open to offers. How much could be the reasonable price?

not sure many would use it as a mixer, if there were a decent price on one
I'd consider it an interesting 2 channel preamp with eq & a limiter
but would it be in anyone's top 5 or 10 Go to preamps ?
the market will dictate , and that's probably not gearsluts
you may look at a per channel price value [ which may eventually happen ]
Good luck

andre tchmil said:
missing  original wooden sides, fader caps.
As I know there's no wooden sides since the mixer was pulled from a desk. So a new owner can insert it in any other table.
There are different fader caps on the stereo channels only.
andre tchmil said:
one VU needle seems to gone to heaven.
No. All the VUs work correct and the needles are ok as well. There's just a crack on the glass..

okgb thanks for the advice  ::) If we follow the market's suggestions -
One module goes for ~$300 USD - http://www.ebay.com/itm/262819767340
For example 10 modules + 2 master modules ~ $3600, limiters ~ $200, chassis ~ $500, vu meters board - $300
and in this case the total is $4600..  :eek: Even more than I asked..
But finally this unit is still great multichannel recording solution for the price..

Well.. Feel free to make me an offer!

Hi Greebok

I'm a Studer fan and daily user, I give you my friendly advise.

As other member already say price is little high here, of course wood panel is a factory option depending of final user (stand alone, in a trolley etc...), still a + argument to sell high price if fitted (as front PSU cover)

To me selling a 169 over 4K request:
Great cosmetic condition
Service manual in original red binder
Extension box
A full servicing AND RECAPING (your clearly show old frako at psu...)

Best
Zam

Hi greebok.
This mixer is a killer unit. Even without woodsides... don't listen to some bad advices above.
Sell it entirely, not in separate pieces. This unit has a soul, an history, Swiss high-end gear from late70/80.
You have to test it completely, frontplate is missing, you have 7 mono channels+ 3 stereo channels (but mono channels are preferred for tracking). A good price would be around 3000€ imo.

(edit: crosspost with zamproject, agree with him)

biosynth said:
Hi greebok.
This mixer is a killer unit. Even without woodsides... don't listen to some bad advices above.
Sell it entirely, not in separate pieces. This unit has a soul, an history, Swiss high-end gear from late70/80.
You have to test it completely, frontplate is missing, you have 7 mono channels+ 3 stereo channels (but mono channels are preferred for tracking). A good price would be around 3000€ imo.

(edit: crosspost with zamproject, agree with him)

there is no bad advice above , just saying that the asking price is too high.
you put a new price on it (3000€ )  :)

Try reverb.com  people are used to higher prices there,  low commission I've had some luck there but shipping will hurt
but let us know when you sell it [ and feel free to quote High profile studio's using them ]

Big studios could use them as banks of preamps and not a whole mixer or as any other side car,
I would use one if there if I got a good deal,  I just don't see people seeking them out

okgb said:
[ and feel free to quote High profile studio's using them ]
High profile studios won't be using them because it's a small desk.  Has two auxiliaries, one main out, max ten mic inputs (in this case seven).  It's more a sidecar. That doesn't mean it sounds worst than any let's say SSL with endless routing possibilities ;) Also a small Studer is way easier to sell (for a resonable price) than a big 48ch desk.
Not many high profile studios are using Siemens Sitral, WSW, Tab Telefunken desks as well. Have you ever heard any of those. Do so if you'll have a chance, and take a look at the guts. compare the build quality to any neve seen in so many famous facilities.

Nevertheless the asked price for this one is ridiculous IMO

Latest posts

Back