• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Hairball Rev A 1176 Assembled with custom UA scale and red pilot light

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remsouille

One of these two:
14334434_1581613678811108_382439052_n.jpg

Has the linking board installed, but I must have miswired it somehow has it doesn't work right now. I haven't dug into it, so it's probably not much.
I thought I'd never part with them, but I really want to try the new kit!
Asking 750$, will ship anywhere!
R.

EDIT: for those interested in the UA meter scale, shoot me an email at remi dot gettliffe at gmail dot com

Would you please tell me where you got that custom meter scale and the red pilot lights? Would really like to add those to my blue stripe clone. Thank you very much!

Avgatzeblouz said:
What's better with the new kit ?

Nothing, I guess! I really just want to try it out  8). They seem to have put a lot effort into it, and I appreciate that. I may also want to try a rev D in a blue stripe case,.

Hi Remi,

I sent an email to the address you provided above. Did you receive it?

Thanks,

Robert

Is this the meter scale in the pics above, or did you create one of your own? Thanks.

https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=51248.0

What material did you print the meter scale on?

I took the Hairball Sifam meter apart, and the meter scale is silkscreened onto what appears to be a thin plastic sheet (Polycarbonate?) with the manila color on the back. Was gonna try to find some of that material and maybe try to get it digitally printed by Front Panel Express or maybe someone locally, if I can find someone.

Looks to me like he's swapped the meters from the build kit with the UA modutec meters in the LA3a's in the picture as indicated by the absence of a UA screen print, the color of the backlighting, and the misalignment of the fit of the meter bezel on the LA3a's

EB

They're indeed sa-3a's :) These are all hairball meters, actually. I just printed a custom scale on some fancy paper for the 1176's!!

Back