Headphone mixer Hear back or Behring Powerplay

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ubxf

Hello,
i need to upgrade my old analog stereo headphone cue mix to a system that allows individual adjustments. Now i'm going out of protools thru a procontrol that i use for talkback . The idea of sending digital stereo plus 6 individual channels over cat5 seems good.
Do you guys have a preference between Hearback and Powerplay ? are there other solutions
Many Thanks
francois

The Aviom doesn't have a digital input does that add a little delay ? Also is the Behr a poor man take on the Aviom

The beh is pretty much an exact copy of the the Aviom A16II system we use here. I don't know how we lived without it..

Sorry i don't know.
They call the audio ethernet protocol  A-Net. Maybe its the same on the beh?

Actually it looks like they have different protocols. I'm going to give the Beh a try and see if it works out ok
Thanks for the feedback

Don't use hearback It's got a thin annoying sound and the latency is a problem that may be the cause of the irritating sound also the one we had went out and a replacement unit was sent promptly to replace it but I wished we would have gotten the Aviom. It has ease of use but sound is what creates inspiration in performance. 

We have the Behringer System and we're very happy with it. I have worked with the aviom as well and the last time I used it, it was not offering enough volume for the band I was working with. I never had this problem with the Behringer. The Behringer also has more features than what I recall from the aviom - which can be good and bad. Many artists don't take the time (which might be 30 seconds) to understand, what the Behringer can do and just play with the knobs, so sometimes they make a mess. Those who understand the unit, are sometimes happy about the individual eqs, but most people don't use them and just work with the levels.
The only bad thing on my units is the quality of the adat input sockets. I needed to glue the adat lightpipes to the back in order to make it stable. Not a problem, as long as the P16-I doesn't get moved. Oh, yes, apart from all these points the Behringer also 'sounds good'. Also the line outs on the P16-M can be very useful, I have often used them as Leslie or fx feeds or just to quickly fire up some loudspeakers. No, I don't get any comission from Uli ;-)

Michael

ubxf said:
The Aviom doesn't have a digital input does that add a little delay ?

No, never noticed any Delay, neither did any of the musicians in the last 10 years.

We used that with a Protools HD system, if you have a native system you can have latency from that system/buffer size but not from the Avion.

Never noticed any delay also from the Hear Back unit alone also.
Although the sound was a bit worse than Avion.

Hear back was the cheaper alternative to Avion, but still expensive.

The Behringer system is great and works very well, I highly recommend it .

Cant really see a recording studio at the present time not having a personal mixing system for musicians.

Latest posts

Back