Lady Gaga at half time show

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen it, but I'd be impressed if such a large production would be left up to (live) chance.  I'm sure I'd be impressed anyway.

I've always been told the FCC does not want live as they are afraid that the artist will say one of 7 words you are not supposed to say on T.V. that being said, I watched the puppy bowl via the internet. Puppies are more entertaining.... I'll have to look at it later and see what is what.

Pretty certain it was mostly live or a very theatrically crafted backing. The out of breathlessness when she was spinning on the trapeze and the tonal changes between a couple of songs sounded very live.

I want to know how they did the star thing at the beginning when she was on the stadium roof? Was it all super imposed or real fireworks / drones? 

p.s  better than that wet blanket Coldplay last year.

edit-
Wow it was drones!
https://www.wired.com/2017/02/lady-gaga-halftime-show-drones/

Opening used drones with lights doing the swarming drones.  Very cool .  I thought it was a great production. 

Well, I don't think we can judge the vocals based on how they sound unless they sound pristine, because they could very well have taped her during rehearsals and played that back. That way with a few run-throughs there are enough takes and time to get it to sound live and correct enough.

I actually worked on the last one and forgot to ask how they went about it all, though I'm sure I probably wouldn't have been told it was playback even if it was.

http://livedesignonline.com/super-bowl-li-2017-halftime-show/lighting-plots-super-bowl-li-halftime-show#slide-9-field_images-181411

Drone sequence was pre-recorded due to overhead air space concerns.

Reportedly singing was part live and part memorex. Artists routinely record safety vocal tracks to use if needed. Only her mix engineer knows for sure, but some in industry say mostly live..

NFL requires anthem be pre-recording to avoid surprises.

JR

PS: Game is just another example of media talking head experts, being completely wrong about predicting outcomes.

Latest posts

Back