Adding power indicator light to Fisher tube preamps

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musika

I'd like to add power indicator lamps to my pair of Fisher 50PR tube preamps.  They were taken out before I purchased the units.  Some one has suggested that I use a "stereo mode switch with shielded section" in lamp housing so as not to induce added hum in the circuit due to taking the 6.3V (for the #47 bulb) from the transformer.  Is this necessary?  Do I need to take extra precaution or can I use just an ordinary bayonet mount with the #47 bulb? Attached is the schematic for the Fisher 50PR.

You could place a 6,3VAC Bulb across the heater windings... twist the leads tightly and there should be no problem... Biggest problem might be to find room enough for the lamp holder.

Best regards

/John

I have a couple of Fender amp lamps with housings that I could use, but would need to enlarge the hole to about 12mm.  Otherwise, I'll need to search for the correct size housing with lens. Thanks!

Ok , but 12mm is not that big really… I do not know the english word for the tool but it is a stepped drill bit that you use to increase the diameter of an existing or new hole… it is like cone… I would guess 15 USD for a quality one (I might be wrong here about the cost)

Best regards

/John

Ok , but 12mm is not that big really… I do not know the english word for the tool but it is a stepped drill bit that you use to increase the diameter of an existing or new hole

Thanks John.  Yes I have a stepped drill bit and I think I have decided to use it to enlarge the inside frame hole and mount the Fender amp fixtures that I have .  Now I have a plan, just need to do it.  The outer "Fisher gold colored" panel plate will just sit up against the faceted lens - hopefully. 

Latest posts

Back