Unknown symbol.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diamondj421

Almost done building my new EQP1A-SS but have on part on the PCB that I'm unsure of. I know that I'm going to connect a wire from the Ground to the chassis but what does the symbol below it mean? The two points with the bold line between. At first I thought it was a jumper but I don't think that's right. Can someone help a brother out?

Who made the board?
Isn't obvious to me what's meant, but I'd guess it is a ground jumper between audio and chassis grounds and a connection of some sort, like a solder tab.

It's for Don Audio's Classi PEQ. I've been looking around and I believe it's the same PCB as "Frank's Enhanced Pultec". Same symbol show's up on those schematics.

The PDF helps.

Google "pcb mount solder tab"

My guess is you connect the case (chassis) to that point with a wire. You could just solder a wire there and connect it to the case.

Some manufacturers used through-hole 0 ohm resistors that were machine insertable as cheaper than hand inserted wire jumpers.

Two holes probably for a ground lift switch.

JR

Take a look at the pdf, guys. There's a jumper connector that is for a chassis / audio ground switch.

The symbol he is asking about "The two points with the bold line between." is next to the jumper.

In the pdf, you can see both sides are on the chassis ground. Putting a " through-hole 0 ohm resistors" or "a switch to do the gnd lift" makes no sense when both sides are the same ground plane.

Back