Grammies....Glad I'm retiring from the biz

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Roth

Just got around to listening.  Adele for 20000000 nominations?

Worst crap I've heard in my entire lifetime.......UGH!

In fact,,,where is the dodad I can link in for barfing in this message?  Is there a toilet for me to puke into?

Ahhhh  retirement, so I can just mess with equipment for real studios and artists, and NOT to listen to sh*tola from hideously horrible "artists" and the idiots who comp and autotune this sh*t.

Still looking for the barf-bag thing here...

Bri

Oddly... an all-time TALENTED singer...Aretha Franklin...is also retiring.

Coincidence?

Tough for a real singer to fight against computer generated tripe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzPXozDgvYs

Bri

Yup, sad isn't it?  And yet, in the fringes, there are still quite a few talented people who go un-noticed. There is always hope, as faded as it may be. Given enough time, entropy affects everything.

Brian Roth said:

And almost 5 minutes of it!

I try to keep an open mind about new artists; I don't want to be like the 1950's parents that abhorred rock n' roll, but yes, this is objectively crap: harmonically and melodically poor, dirge-like, and designed to please all generations. Yuk! Too bad because she's not a bad singer, and she had some nice songs, but there we see the big strings with which the costume was built.

Brian Roth said:

In fact,,,where is the dodad I can link in for barfing in this message?  Is there a toilet for me to puke into?

Ahhhh  retirement, so I can just mess with equipment for real studios and artists, and NOT to listen to sh*tola from hideously horrible "artists" and the idiots who comp and autotune this sh*t.

I'm with you on this.  Contemporary female singers all sound like they have a mid-range 'honk' to me that hits the resonant peak of my hearing range, as well as having the life compressed out of their voices.

Mike

At the risk of stating the obvious, these industry awards ceremonies are just vehicles to get free (not really free) publicity to sell more product to the sheeple in the audience.

JR

Brian Roth said:

You're making the mistake of assuming that Grammys are awarded for quality instead of sales. You should know that by now.

That said, last Friday the online service Bandcamp offered to donate all proceeds from sales that day to the ACLU, so a lot of my friends and started posting links to bands we thought everyone needed to hear. And I ended up buying a lot of records and discovering some great new cool stuff that's never going to be anywhere near the Grammys. But that's also the story of my life.

Ignore the Grammys. Go see bands at the local clubs. Buy their records. Be a part of the solution, instead of contributing to the problem.

[/quote]Ignore the Grammys. Go see bands at the local clubs. Buy their records. Be a part of the solution, instead of contributing to the problem.[/quote]

I completely agree Andy.

Brian Roth said:

Still looking for the barf-bag thing here...

Bri

Barfing 24/7 here. tv, ads, music, sports. No surprise when kids grow up to stuff like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUUZ3yci5cM

gltech said:
But a free society always needs to stay sensible enough to recognize the threat of cultural rot, and I think we're mostly blind to that today.

Brian Roth said:
Oddly... an all-time TALENTED singer...Aretha Franklin...is also retiring.

Coincidence?

Tough for a real singer to fight against computer generated tripe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzPXozDgvYs

Bri

I have not listened to 'maistream' artists for ages (apart from a few from the 60s and 70s). There is no need. There is a huge amount of independent talent out there and I have no problem finding music I like produced the way I like. Join the revolution mate.

Cheers

Ian

Yes, horrible. I hate the voice, the sonics, the mixing, the songs. It's bland, dead, soulless. Given the money they make with it I can't figure out how they can screw up the sound like this. But people these days are satisfied with so little...

ruffrecords said:
I have not listened to 'maistream' artists for ages (apart from a few from the 60s and 70s). There is no need. There is a huge amount of independent talent out there and I have no problem finding music I like produced the way I like. Join the revolution mate.

Cheers

Ian

Don't worry, Fleet Foxes will return this year !!  :D

Something like : .........when "Art" is "transformed" only  in something to sell ?

..... too many web "stars" created purchasing some millions of views/likes from Asian low cost agency  ?

....... too many autotune-melodyne ? of course !!!

........ the 2 in-famous side of digital audio ?

..........and so on and on and on ...(as in that same old song....)©

cheers (with a nice drink)
w

Back