Soundcraft CPS 275 bridge rectifier

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmat1

My Soundcraft cps 275 power supply kept blowing a fuse.  I tested the bridge rectifiers and one is bad.  Anyone know if they are the same rectifiers? In the picture the silver one on the left is bad. Just wondering if I could replace it with the same one as the black rectifier. I don't know if there are different values, etc for these. Thanks

The black rectifier is already a replacement.  NTE is a company which sells "cross referenced" components, mainly for servicing.  I looked up the specs, and it is a "hearty" component rated 40 Amps and 1000 PIV.  Besides a NTE part (which tend to be somewhat pricey), you can find something similar at Mouser, Digikey, etc.

Bri

AFAIK, they are all similar.  Go for the 40 Amp rating which is a nice bit of overkill for your application.  PIV rating 200 Volts or higher.  I tend to choose metal enclosed, but maybe cuz they look beefier <g>.

Bri

Brian Roth said:
AFAIK, they are all similar.  Go for the 40 Amp rating which is a nice bit of overkill for your application.  PIV rating 200 Volts or higher.  I tend to choose metal enclosed, but maybe cuz they look beefier <g>.

Bri

With the specific part numbers you could look the thermal resistance, I guess that should be the only difference to choose between the different packages (being the same inside)

JS

Ya gotta wonder whether something else has gone bad - as those bridges are pretty beefy for the application.  Did something else happen, or did you restrict air cooling?  You may want to use a lightbulb limiter or variac when first powering it up.

It was on for a while then I shut it down for a few minutes then turned it back on. That's when the fuse blew. The fan works but has been making more noise lately. The board looks fine, nothing burnt, no bulging caps. I'm not a tech so I wouldn't know how to check other parts aside from simple testing with a multimeter.

Yes, I got the proper fuse and the rectifier is coming today. I'll be installing them later.

Latest posts

Back