tbone sct 700, alctron blank body tubes?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonkan

I have two of this mic with ioaudio mk7 innards, old dale m7 capsules. I absolutely hate the engraved t.bone sct 700 logo on the body tube. I know these are standard chinese mic bodies, do you know if you can buy blank body tubes somewhere without the branding?

http://www.tbone-mics.com/en/product/information/details/the-tbone-sct700-studio-roehren-grossmembran-mikrofon/

thanks!/j

I know Dave Thomas of Advanced Audio sells blank sleeves, but i don't know if they will fit your mic. I think they are more for Apex 460 type bodies. You can always check on their website.

Or just nice nameplate with your logo to cover it and put it on the backside of microphone :)

Thought about a plate on top of the t. Bone logo, but I haven't been able to make it look good. It is just a bit too big for my taste.  Maybe if you could get really good looking badges made somewhere?

Could you paint it yourself, or will regular spraypaint be too soft for it to  last?  I  have some matte  black paint at home already  (hardening acrylic?). 

/j

Jonkan said:
Thought about a plate on top of the t. Bone logo, but I haven't been able to make it look good. It is just a bit too big for my taste.  Maybe if you could get really good looking badges made somewhere?

Could you paint it yourself, or will regular spraypaint be too soft for it to  last?  I  have some matte  black paint at home already  (hardening acrylic?). 

/j

I can create nice mic logos, but it is not so affordable for low quantities(min. order is 100pcs)

Jonkan said:
That sounds nice, but I only have 5 diy mics, and I'm not sure when I will get to 100  ;)

/j

Yep that's why I recommended "putty" there are special ones for metal workers which is metal based, so maybe you can re-galvanize the body.

Another idea is to find a laser engraver who can basically burn the logo area flat, which you could then insert a "plaque" into.
Or you could, if clever enough, design the laser engraving such that it overwrites the existing logo with your own so that the old design is unintelligible.

For instance, a "dot matrix" style graphic/image could work.

Another idea is to cut all the way through the body, doing a fancy graphic design, then install a curved plate behind the cuts to close it off. The curved backing could even be clear, so that you can see the innards of the mic.

The cost of laser engraving is pretty low. I paid a service something like $25 to etch about 10 words of text.

The hard part is that the body is round, so you would need a laser engraver that can rotate the laser around a central axis.

TLRT said:
I can create nice mic logos, but it is not so affordable for low quantities(min. order is 100pcs)

Can you share more about making custom badges?  How much for the min 100 pcs?  What material?  I still haven't found a source to engrave them.  How do you bend them so they match each mic body perfectly?  How do you attach them? 

tommypiper said:
Can you share more about making custom badges?  How much for the min 100 pcs?  What material?  I still haven't found a source to engrave them.  How do you bend them so they match each mic body perfectly?  How do you attach them?

First of all you need a prototype made of magnesium, this an be bended to any angle. Then the proto can be used as a negative, it is pushed into a rubber-like material and then it can be filled with a cheap metal called "spiater"(a cheap zinc alloy) then the logo is ready, it can be galvanized many types,chrome, copper,or antique finishes. 100pcs is around 30-40EUR, + the design,and the magnesium proto's fee.around 80EUR max for the first 100pcs, the later orders will be cheaper. I show you my examples.

Hi Jonkan,
i just bought 50cm of steel in order to mod an sct700, I'll cut it in 3 parts. It matches the diameter perfectly, you'll still need to file the upper part so that the head basket fits, but I could send you 1 part if you wish. Tell me how long it should be.
Outside diameter ist 58. 1,5mm thick as far as I remember.

Latest posts

Back