Tascam M-224 Power Transformer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
everything you needed to know about the leads was present before you removed the transformer.
It's a good idea if you are anticipating future doubt to, at a minimum, take a good photo of the connections.

19.5VAC when rectified will be a bit more, and that voltage will be appropriate for a 15V regulator. If it is the 19.5 leads feeding a bipolar (15/15) power supply there needs to be a center tap for that pair. ex: 19-0-19

is there a scheme for the unit?  if you are having any other trouble identifying the leads that may help.

Since it's wall AC and dangerous, was there another or specific question about the PT?  I didn't quite understand what you mean by a secondary being grounded.
Only a center tap of a secondary will be grounded. All other pairs will simply be AC or rectified to DC as needed.  It may have an internal screen or shield which may have a ground wire or be the casing itself.

hope that helps and if I misunderstood you, my apologies.

Andy

A-Star (sorry I am in a nickname mood  ;D),

I found the s. man. for the M-200. the pic is the PT scheme.
I feel about 100% sure you can base the following, at your own risk! lol, from this.

with all the care in the world, measure from one red to the black (and just for S and G, the other red to black) on AC and report back.

Same goes for the orange and white.

as you can see it is Red-Black-Red, Orange-White-Orange, on the secondaries, aka the B&W are the CTs.

Andy

Latest posts

Back