Bozak/Kenyon transformer ID

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene Pink

A friend sent me this help request last week, can anyone help him out?
I have a Bozak transformer that I would like to see a full schematic on.  Pretty much has to be a mic input transformer, Altec and Bozak routinely used octal base transformers for this.

The number is CMK-481
Apparently made by Kenyon, the Kenyon # is: S-509023 or possibly S-509028-can't tell.  Found some really old PDF copies of Kenyon catalogs but nothing like this in them.  If there are Bozak schematics around I can't find them.

This I do know:

pins 4-6 low, pins 7-8 high.  pin 8 is also case ground (if there is a faraday shield, might be there too, one thing I would like to know).  pins 4 and 7 are in polarity with each other.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Gene

Sounds like he's already figured it out.  Not sure what the question is, unless it's that he wants an unobtainium blueprint on a custom part. 

emrr said:
Sounds like he's already figured it out.  Not sure what the question is, unless it's that he wants an unobtainium blueprint on a custom part.
I'm sure he can figure out the turns ratio, but I would imagine he does not know the design impedance, or if there is a faraday shield that is either grounded, or possibly connected to another pin.

JR, that link may be helpful. His eyes are worse than mine, and he could have misread A for K. I'll pass it on.

Thanks to both of you,
Gene

Back