weiss

Re: GSSL add-on help thread
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2019, 12:54:21 PM »
Here is a video of my problem. The compressor reacts weird:

http://sendvid.com/8tmy9378

Potato Cakes

« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2019, 05:40:06 PM »
I can see you that your return from your board is going to the wrong 47k pad. It should be returning back to the one that is closer to the sidechain section. Are you also getting the proper VDC to your SC board?

Thanks!

Paul

weiss

« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2019, 12:54:32 AM »
I can see you that your return from your board is going to the wrong 47k pad. It should be returning back to the one that is closer to the sidechain section. Are you also getting the proper VDC to your SC board?

Thanks!

Paul

Thank you!
I think the pads from the resistors are bridged.. Either was I tried it both ways as I found two different wiring guides but none of them works. voltages are spot on.

Potato Cakes

« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2019, 02:59:54 AM »
If the schematics from the old and new GSSL boards are mostly the same then that is correct regarding the 47k. The thing that makes troubleshooting as a third party difficult is that I don't know how many people are familiar with this particular SC board you are using. If the circuit is indeed without problems then there has to be a build error involved somewhere provided you do indeed have a working GSSL without the mod board. You may have to contact the designer directly.

In the meantime, since you aren't using a thrust type circuit and just putting a HPF on the side chain, you should be able to do this passively as that is how it is done on the newer GSSL boards. You would have to look at the current schematic to see where the capacitor for the HPF is connected and just insert a switch with the caps you want to use. I believe you can passively add the external sidechain source as well with the appropriate resistors/caps in line.

Thanks!

Paul

weiss

« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2019, 09:30:37 AM »
If the schematics from the old and new GSSL boards are mostly the same then that is correct regarding the 47k. The thing that makes troubleshooting as a third party difficult is that I don't know how many people are familiar with this particular SC board you are using. If the circuit is indeed without problems then there has to be a build error involved somewhere provided you do indeed have a working GSSL without the mod board. You may have to contact the designer directly.

In the meantime, since you aren't using a thrust type circuit and just putting a HPF on the side chain, you should be able to do this passively as that is how it is done on the newer GSSL boards. You would have to look at the current schematic to see where the capacitor for the HPF is connected and just insert a switch with the caps you want to use. I believe you can passively add the external sidechain source as well with the appropriate resistors/caps in line.

Thanks!

Paul

i contacted steffen but waiting for reply. although like you said i am not sure if the board is the problem. I am replacing it with a super sidechain board now to see if the problem remains...

thank you