• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Stockli Red Knobs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strawtles

Hello,
eventaully someone has 16 Stockli red knobs for sale ... I am interested
To buy them new is a bit expensive  :)

I love these knobs but they are really too expensive
It is possible because are made in Europe, but it is strange that still doesn't exist a chinese cheap copy

welcome to France, where everything is crazy expensive with taxes everywhere :)
Anyway, since Stockli is around since the 60s and crafting quality bakelite products associated with lab test gear and EMI consoles I don't see why the price would go down...
I'd be curious to check what brand Chadler uses as I am quite sure they are not real Stocklis, but plastic copies..

Edit: here are two Stockli / IEC Monaco resellers / distributors in the USA

B&B MARKETING ENTERPRISES
1901 Green Road Suite F
DEERFIELD BEACH
USA FL 33064
Tél:+1 954 725 3581
Fax +1 954 725 3537
[email protected]

AIR COST CONTROL
LC. 7050 W State Road 84, Suite 16
DAVIE
USA FL 33317
Tél:(+1) 954-424-4012
Fax (+1) 954-577-6844
[email protected]

I have some doubts that the actual stockli knobs are made in bakelite.
Some years ago I bought some of these knobs from Audio Maintenance (really kind persons) and they seem to be made in plastic.
The price for black units was expensive but not too much, instead for red units the price was really expensive (I don't why but I am sure that there is a reason)

The reason is always the same : supply and demand I guess. Lots of people want the black ones so they can run big quantities, and the red ones are small batches..
I'll give them a phone call some day and ask them what are the knobs made of. I have a bunch of old ones and they def are some sort of bakelite... Gorgeous!

stokli are bakelite.
i'm about to order some and i called the factory..
it's great quality for sure..

I have just seen on Audio Maintenance site that they still sell these knobs and in the description there is written "bakalite" type plastic
Anyway bakelite or not bakelite I love them!

Still interested ... in other colors too (blue, white, ecc.)

Latest posts

Back