chaotic solar system

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JohnRoberts said:
Still trying to digest this...  There needs to be some more supporting research, but pretty interesting.

http://news.wisc.edu/from-rocks-in-colorado-evidence-of-a-chaotic-solar-system/

JR

I am in no way smart enough to really understand mechanics, but I do understand that Newtonian mechanics predicted the existence and position of Neptune based on irregularities in other planetary orbits, so I find it hard to believe theres any novelty in accounting for interplanetary pull.

Two google searches...

The guys PhD is in the philosophy of science (which means he should know better).

His earlier publications include works on creationism, not very well received - even in bizarro-world -  since the forgot to reduce the earths age to 6.000 years.

Looks like agenda-driven pseudo-science. (Re:Climate change).

I need a good book! :)

Gustav

Gustav said:
I am in no way smart enough to really understand mechanics, but I do understand that Newtonian mechanics predicted the existence and position of Neptune based on irregularities in other planetary orbits, so I find it hard to believe theres any novelty in accounting for interplanetary pull.

Two google searches...

The guys PhD is in the philosophy of science (which means he should know better).

His earlier publications include works on creationism, not very well received - even in bizarro-world -  since the forgot to reduce the earths age to 6.000 years.

Looks like agenda-driven pseudo-science. (Re:Climate change).

I need a good book! :)

Gustav
Thanx, I thought his claims that the motion, or warming, or something was "chaotic", did not jive with newtonian motion, that is determinate.

Wackos to the left and right, eyes straight ahead.  ;D ;D

JR

JohnRoberts said:
....also predicted the existence of the planet Vulcan to account for irregularities in the orbit of Mercury, though :)  but they already have some relatively odd and generally difficult to understand theory to account for that, I think.

Gustav

I heard a rumour they were considering making Pluto a planet again. But the new definition would add 100 new planets to our system including the moon, that I prefer to think of as a "moon"... 

JR

Back