Tubeamp for passive Eq

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5v333

hello!

i made the New york dave passive eq with Dave´s simple tubeamp. but im considdering expanding the circuit by keeping the 6sn7 pushpull stage, add a pre-stage and some global feedback. i am hoping to get flatter freq response, less distortions, and better phase response if possible.

i have been looking at some old famous stuff and thought it would be fun to make something simmilar.

since i dont need additional gain except for negative feedback, i thought that a pair of low mu tubes would be preferable. ecc82/ecc802 seemd like a good contender.

i need to get an additional transformer for powering the heater of all tubes since my current mains transformer has an insufficiant heater winding for more than [email protected] and i have some relays and power indicator running on the same winding.

do you think this can work?

i intend to find the value of the feedback resistors from using a dual pot and check for unity gain and see what happens on scope.

Back