4U or 5U 500 series frames

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Cemal,

Brilliant work.!The ability to run regular 500 series modules alongside all tube designs with proper HT without risking blowing up either is a killer spec. I am definitely in for two initially.

Cheers

Ian

The module on the right is for Siemens V/U 2xx. modules....
But I didn't finish it, I was planning to add a 48v switch with protection, a switched  -20dB U  attenuator, and -40dB U-pad for line use (it was meant for my U274 that can also be used as diode bridge limiter).

I also still have a stereo W 492 EQ module here that I still haven't finished.... I'll send that to you as well Cemal, I won't get to it anymore....... It works, but it needs some wiring for the  bypass function.

Hey Myke,

Great to hear from you. I was wondering as you had gone quite for some time.

Electronically this will work with anything. It is a matter of hard wiring the module you are using to the edge connector adapter card. However, I have no idea what (late) Joe's modules are like mechanically. Please e-mail me some pictures with dimensions.

Ian,

Thank you.  I will contact the metal fabricator for a batch of 5  as I have 4 extra sets of backplanes and edge connector adapter cards.

Latest posts

Back