ruffrecords

Re: Neve 16 channel monitor mixer build
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2017, 09:57:35 AM »
But doesn't the ba283 between the fader and the pan pot make up for that?

Yes, I just mentioned it so you could see how it could still be done passively if you wanted to.

Cheers

ian

Re: Neve 16 channel monitor mixer build
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2017, 09:41:39 AM »
Yes, I just mentioned it so you could see how it could still be done passively if you wanted to.

Cheers

ian

Indeed I see! Thanks Ian! Going passive was my first intention, but as things went on, I figured it would be great to add a little spice in here! A bit more of a challenge for me, and hopefully I'll learn a bit more in the process!

I should get the BA283 cards any day now, and I just ordered the parts for them from Mouser. I also ordered a bunch of NOS Motorola 3055s. Those may not make a difference, but well.. at least the markings look cooler  8) I have yet to decide whether I'll be using BC184Cs or a substitute.. I had a nightmare episode with MSPA18s in my 6x1290 build a couple of years back... Things went back to normal when I swapped them for 184s... (yes, the MSPAs where reversed)... that puzzle is yet to be sold...

I still need to figure out what is going to happen between the input transformers and the BA283 cards.. There is so much to learn..