DAC CAN,T CHOOSE

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can any mastering guys help me with this  decision,  going to hit the button in a few hours

cheers

skal

Do you need the 8 channels of the 88192? What is the price difference? Never used the dac1 but used to have the 88192. I liked the d/a especially the upsampling option. . On some units the a/d side is wired pin 3 hot.  Also the unit sounded better with a better external clock.

Are these your only two choices?

lucid  88192 is up at £400  benchmark dac1 went for £270 i missed the benchmark ,

cheers  john12ax7 do you think thats to much for the lucid?

yeah could  find a use for the extra i/o

regards

skal

That's about $500 I think? If so would say that's a reasonable price.

They are good units,  with a few caveats as mentioned. Also there are a lot of menus/options,  so if you get it you should go through and put all the settings where you want them. And you may need to make some phase reversed input cables.

I recently upgraded my main ADDA converters to second hand Lucid 88192 and i am very happy with them for both ad and da. Crystal clear sound, nothing added or substracted, reverb tails are clearer, also issues in a mix. I read about clocking being a weak point in Lucid, i both tried master and slave with a RME FF800 and did not notice any audible difference, i just left RME as a master and slaved Lucid without any issues.

Lucid is also very customisable, out and in trim and boost, you can patch any input to any output.

Latest posts

Back