• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

12 preamp channels, (bg-2, supergreen), Presonus M80 modded + stereo AD, DA DIY

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lagoausente

Hello everybody.
  I have built in a 2U rack some time ago 4 channels , but along this time have bought other preamps so now I´m plenty of them and prefer to get rid off a pair of units to get cash to buy high quality sdc mics so I need cash.

- Two supergreen channels (9098, double balanced version of the green). (diferent opamps options)
-Two Ina217 based preamp (dav clone), now has the That 1510.

It now has an external Soundcraft CPS PSU thats plug and play with a 4 pin XLR to the rack. It´s adjusted to +-15V and it could be used to supply many other preamps if you have other proyects because it´s 100VA of power.

The rack with the diy preamps also has a board with a cmoy headphone amp, and a DI guitar input that a guy on this forum helped with the schem draw.

My DIY rack is not labeled,
  Forgot to mention, the supergreen has 24 position gain switch, 1.5 gain steps. The Ina/That preamp has a reverse logaritmic  new plastic 5k pot plus a switch that act as pad for both channels,

Presonus M80 have stock Jensen transformers. Maybe you know the unit is based on the dual servo from JH. I upgraded the opamps to the modern FET ADA4627, suggested by Jim Williams, very precise and balanced on this preamp, it extends the hi end definition very well compared to the stock NE 5532 ones, it´s soic but the job of adapt it to dip is done as you seen in the pics, you can pull out them and try other if you like, but the ADA4627 are really good.

I made a shootout so you can compare them all to stock Apollo preamps: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B50Y_uAYlQ6AT1FYeTBtZ1VoYU0

Also have AD24QS and DA24QS from Uwe Beis, mounted and working that I should sale aswell. My initial idea was to put it on the rack with the preamps but finally haven´t time for it so they are unused.

I´m trying to get cash for mics, so I´m open to reasonable offers.  My email: [email protected]

Inside, upper surface for the converters
Here the Uwe Beis web to more info: http://www.beis.de/Elektronik/ADDA24QS/ADDA24QS.html

back of the M80.
It can be used as summing box since it has a L+R bus so you can get the Jensen color and summing analog.

Hello again, it have pass some time, they are still for sale.

I bought a CPS Soundcraft 150 Psu for the DIY preamps, new  plastic log pots for the "dav type" preamps.

I´m open to reasonable offers, contact me if you are interested in any of them: [email protected]

Ok,
I should like to get at least 650 eur for the M80 modded. (has stock jensens)

Have no reference about the DIY preamps prices, the Soundcraft PSU was 120 euro and is heavy to ship.  Supergreen preamps have Wima caps, low ESR, 24 position so finally it was quite money to build. I should like to get around 500 euro with the PSU.

For the AD DA the kit cost 152 eur each new, mine are built, I should let them go for 250 shipped or maybe less.
If anyone would be interested on a combo I should do beter prices.
I should be happy to get 1000 euro for all to can buy Dpa mics.
Selling only one of them should not worth same as if have buyers for all of them I should sale cheaper.
Thank you.

Latest posts

Back