What to do for recovering lost files after accidental delete?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeSer02

I recently deleted some very precious files and songs stored on a Micro SD card by mistake. Could you guys tell me how to recover deleted files back?
I did have a very, very old SanDisk Micro SD card which has been used over three years and recently, got deleted by mistake. And all my files inside were wiped completely. And, is any data recovery tool which is able to help me recover card files?

I do have searched many free ones over the internet, like  free Recuva, 100% freeware iCare Data Recovery Free, TestDisk and Pandora File Recovery and more.

But, I cannot just try them all one by one? Do you have any suggestion? Thanks

I have just one question.
Did you write new files to the MicroSD card after the accident?
If you didn't, then you can recover the deleted files.

Use Recuva if you want to use a freeware, but if you want a better one, my suggestion is GetDataBack FAT32

Thanks for your response.
I did write nothing new on the same SD memory card since many cyber friends suggested me not to do.
And, since many files inside this card were really precious for me, I just finally tried the above searched software, including the above mentioned GetDataBack and eventually had some success with Recuva and iCare Data Recovery Free, which were really completely free.
Thank you very much for your answer.

Latest posts

Back