Neve using 600 ohm faders?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hitchhiker

I'm wondering which Neve consoles and circuits used 600 ohm faders?

I just saw these NOS Neve faders on ebay and they are 600 ohm. The A stands for 600 ohm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6x-NOS-Neve-Penny-Giles-channel-faders-Type-1520A-C-/262893697958?hash=item3d35af7ba6:g:lPAAAOSwzaJX4vyc

I think they were  typically used in the monitor section before the days of in line consoles. The tape return entered via a 31267 10k:600 transformer and was fed direct to the fader. The fader  fed a pan pot and then the monitor buses.

I think they may also have been used in the BCM10/2 mixer in a similar configuration.

Cheers

Ian

Cool! Which monitor amps were they feeding, and would these pan circuits be around here?

P.S.  I really should have put this in the Mixers/Monitoring Systems section.  Maybe a mod could move it there?

hitchhiker said:
Cool! Which monitor amps were they feeding, and would these pan circuits be around here?

P.S.  I really should have put this in the Mixers/Monitoring Systems section.  Maybe a mod could move it there?

The bus make up amp would have been a 1272. In the mixers/monitors tab there is a thread where I posted the schematic of the BCM10/2 routing module.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
I think they were  typically used in the monitor section before the days of in line consoles. The tape return entered via a 31267 10k:600 transformer and was fed direct to the fader. The fader  fed a pan pot and then the monitor buses.

I think they may also have been used in the BCM10/2 mixer in a similar configuration.

Cheers

Ian

AAAAh that makes a lot of sense!!!

hitchhiker said:
The A stands for 600 ohm

Are you 100% sure about this? Dan alexander seems to have 1520A/C faders in stock, but he never knew they were 600ohm... He's no tech though, as he put out to me.

remsouille said:
hitchhiker said:
The A stands for 600 ohm

Are you 100% sure about this? Dan alexander seems to have 1520A/C faders in stock, but he never knew they were 600ohm... He's no tech though, as he put out to me.
It is very easy to check. All you need is a multimeter that will read resistance.

Cheers

Ian

Its actually the first letter after the slash, so these are indeed 5k faders.
Same type as in my Neve consoles.

'neve consoles'    .....  plural  ...  I like  :)

There's only one  thing better than having a Neve console .... and that is a second Neve console !

Haha, yes!

Here they, both of them.
One is on its way out though..

Attachments

• IMG_4641.JPG
    IMG_4641.JPG
    295.6 KB · Views: 31
And here are a few different examples of P&G Neve faders from different eras.

Attachments

• IMG_4650.JPG
    IMG_4650.JPG
    272.4 KB · Views: 40

Latest posts

Back