ADR 760FX RS schematics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frenkonio

Hi guys,
I just picked up this wonderful compressor. First thing I have noticed is that it has a switch that make not only "Mono/Stereo Coupling" but also "Quad". Someone knows why? I wasn't able to find a pic on the web with the same switch. They're all "Mono/Stereo Coupling".
It has the orange bulb not working and also the Channel 1 input works only from max level to 4, the main you go anti clockwise the main you listen in a different volume from L to R channels. This issue isn't present if you use the stereo coupling.
I have searched a lot for schematics also to know how to calibrate but I've found only dead links.
I need to know the exact parts for the orange bulb and the mono input pot, the calibration procedure and th schematics.
If anyone could help me it will be really appreciated!

Search for "Compex" and you'll find plenty of threads about your compressor. Google "ADR compex schematic" and you'll find everything you need. Never seen a compex with a Quad mode.
Bernd

Hi Bern,
and thanks for the answer. I didn't wrote the topic without searching around.  I didn't find any URL links that work inside this forum on all the Compex related topics. Lots of links but... dead links.
So, if you can help me it will be really appreciated.

L

Afaik the original lights are obsolete. In my Compex I opened the light by cutting the orange plastic off, installed a new bulb and glueing the lens back on.

jensenmann said:
Afaik the original lights are obsolete. In my Compex I opened the light by cutting the orange plastic off, installed a new bulb and glueing the lens back on.
That's what I thought too. Do you know the bulb part number? I also need to install a new input pot (the small one on Channel 1) because it works only from 4 to max. Seems like it a 10K log with 4mm shaft.

Before you change any parts, you should check the power supply. It's a single rail 24V psu. Measure it! Then I would take out all boards (a,b,c) and clean the contacts. I would also check for loose wires, clean scratchy pots etc.. Then reassemble the unit and test it once again. Take pictures of each step of dis- and reassembling. Publish pictures here for us to see what kind of strange bird you've got there.
Bernd

Those compressors were quite often built into consoles. Maybe you have one that was part of a pair in a console with a quad output bus?

Nick Froome

pvision said:
Those compressors were quite often built into consoles. Maybe you have one that was part of a pair in a console with a quad output bus?

Nick Froome
That's what I thought too. Mine is a 19" rack version 2U instead of the ones inserted inside the console but I think you're right.

Hi..Did you find out information about early 3U version??I have faulty unit and some info and documents will be helpful..

Latest posts

Back