• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold FS: PCBs for TG1 Zener Limiter NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wlinart said:
May i ask which Haufe transformer you used?

Output is a 1:1 RK310/2 and on the input is one with the number '90468'. At Haufe they had no idea what it is. All I know is that it's from a Neumann console and is 2:1 step down. It doesn't work too well the other way around.

Neumann didn't even respond to my inquiry :eek:

Well, this is pretty awesome. Have you had the chance to compare it to a chandler tg1? I love mine but I wouldn't mind getting him a little brother.

If anyone interested in that:
Orginal PAIR Turner vu-meter mirrored 1ma i guess ,but need to be checked to match 1ma or 2.4ma type.
only this pair available
Scale as been redray from original.on the other side you still have the volt scale.
other reversed available.
make offer in PM only for the pair, rare...

Hi!

I went through BOM and have couple of questions.

Does it have to be BC559C? Can it be interchangeable with BC560C? They are almost the same except 559 is a bit lower max Vceo/Vcbo

And about 1N4153... is it interchangeable with 1N4148?

Just asking if I need to hunt those down or I can use more common types that I already have...

:)

Luka

shot said:
Does it have to be BC559C? Can it be interchangeable with BC560C? They are almost the same except 559 is a bit lower max Vceo/Vcbo

And about 1N4153... is it interchangeable with 1N4148?

You should be fine with the BC560C. I only took the 559 as I had hundreds of them at hand. :)

Can't really tell about the diodes. The compression knee might change a bit, but they should work...

mylesgm said:
I'm keen, did you receive my email?

Yes, I did. The new batch is here and ready to ship. I'm in the process of sending out notifications to everyone who reserved boards with me. Eventually everyone will get a response but it might take a day or two :)

fripholm said:
Yes, I did. The new batch is here and ready to ship. I'm in the process of sending out notifications to everyone who reserved boards with me. Eventually everyone will get a response but it might take a day or two :)

Don't forget meeee  ;D  ;D  ;D

I'm in for 2 boards.
Can you confirm for a stéreo unit 2 boards is needed.
Best regards

Ok, folks - that's it!!

Only one board is left - and that is mono. When this last pcb is gone, they're sold out.  :eek:

There are a few (potential) purchasers, who haven't replied to my notifications yet but I will wait until friday night (April, 7th). These reserved boards will become available again after friday if I don't get any response. Will keep you posted.

Please no more PMs about ordering 2 boards or more, there's only ONE left at the moment!

Picked up my boards at the P.O. today.  Very nice!  Time to start stuffing.  I built the Igor unit, and it will be interesting to compare the two builds.
Best,
Bruno2000

bruno2000 said:
I built the Igor unit, and it will be interesting to compare the two builds.

Would love to hear your thoughts about the two.

fripholm said:
Would love to hear your thoughts about the two.

I'll post more when I get it built.  I did have the opportunity to compare side-by-side my Igor build (with my optional "Neve" output section) with a Chandler, and I found that the tonal options were more with the "hold" control in place.  I could make the Igor version sound just like the Chandler version, but with the "hold" control, I had more options of "sound".
My $0.02, but YMMV.
Best,
Bruno2000

bruno2000 said:
I'll post more when I get it built.  I did have the opportunity to compare side-by-side my Igor build (with my optional "Neve" output section) with a Chandler, and I found that the tonal options were more with the "hold" control in place.  I could make the Igor version sound just like the Chandler version, but with the "hold" control, I had more options of "sound".
My $0.02, but YMMV.
Best,
Bruno2000

Just for fun I tried it with the hold control but didn't like it that much. I was able to implement it by doing some off-board wiring; so it can be done with my boards, too. It's just not that straightforward to do so...  ;)

fripholm said:
Just for fun I tried it with the hold control but didn't like it that much. I was able to implement it by doing some off-board wiring; so it can be done with my boards, too. It's just not that straightforward to do so...  ;)

Studying your schematic now to see if it would be easy to add.  I really like the "hold" control option.  Would you care to publish your implementation?  If you show me yours, I'll show you mine.......:)
Best,
Bruno2000

Back