Plug-in whore's anonymous

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fazer

Hi I'm faze and I'm a plug-ln whore. I think I should go to a meeting for 90 days . My latest purchase is Modo bass and Exponential Audio's R 4.  I'm lovin Modobass and need time to figure out all the controls on R4.

Anyone else need to go to a meeting?

The best cure is a legacy system  ;)
.. a lot of companies won't even sell you their older RTAS/TDM plugs!!

On the other hand, my hardware acquisition has grown beyond my available rack space  :-X  :-X  :-X

I did just jump into the UAD platform, so there's that too now hahah

UAD has some great plug ins.  It's hard when they run their specials.  Just say no.  I have a phrase I've used for years. 

"Real Engineers don't need reverb".

I guess I'm not a real engineer.  I just bought R4.  😀🎶

I have several UAD plugins but I often don't go to them because sometimes I need to work on different computers, but I really like the EMT plate reverb.  I have really been loving the Fabfilter stuff.  I really like the compressor and the limiter (and the Simplon filter....and the Saturn distortion...and...!!)

I would regard plugins as a very nice way of marketing...:

Screen_Shot_2017_03_15_at_8_12_59_PM.png

;D  (Antelope Audio)

Jakob E.

I found that the number of plugins was inversely related to productivity, for me at least.

Scaling back to a select few in each category can be quite liberating. Plus less scrolling through menus and more time for DIY :)

john12ax7 said:
I found that the number of plugins was inversely related to productivity...
That, is quotable.

So I quoted it. Words of wisdom. To rephrase bluntly, don't get caught up in playing with the toys, concentrate on the mix.

Gene

john12ax7 said:
I found that the number of plugins was inversely related to productivity, for me at least.

Scaling back to a select few in each category can be quite liberating. Plus less scrolling through menus and more time for DIY :)

One thing that I recently did that I'm so happy about is I went through all my plugins and categorized them in my DAW so instead of looking by name I just go to "compressors" or "distortion".  It's really helped me start to look at more of the plug ins that I never get around to trying and I have been having a great time discovering plugins that I have had for years.

Gene Pink said:
That, is quotable.

So I quoted it. Words of wisdom. To rephrase bluntly, don't get caught up in playing with the toys, concentrate on the mix.

Gene

Folks, try Harrison Mixbus DAW, no need for other plugins than for special effects ;)

Latest posts

Back