adding dual concentric send pots on Neve routing module

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

API

I have been toying with the idea of adding dual concentric pots to the Foldback and Echo sends on my Neve 1883 routingmodules.
The original modules share one pot for both sends so you can not set each gain induvidually which would be better in my opinion.
But would adding an extra four 10k pots to the circuit be problem?
The signal to the pot is taken pre/post the fader so comes directly from the output of either the first or the second BA238AM cards output.

In the larger modules with eight sends (and four 10k pots) its wired the same so i guess it should not be a problem to add them.
But if i wanted to do the same on the larger module and add four 10k pots for a total of 8 x 10k, could that be a problem?

I have included the 1883 schematic for reference, the lager routingmodules like the 1943 is exactly the same but have 8 group outputs and a total of 8 sends for Foldback and Echo.

It's not the 10K, but the various 2K and 5K resistors hanging on their wipers.

You could get to 300 Ohms easily. Plus the reflected load on the transformer.

I would bet it will work, but at some degradation of THD and maximum level.

Can't you grab some loose 10K pots, resistors, and tack-solder across the others? See how it sounds?

If you change 10k pots to log version (without using the shunting resistors) it will work, IMO. Also, you should check what's the load (input) impedance on that outputs (foldback, echo), maybe you can use here pots with a higher resistance so the increase in load on 283 outputs will be less.

As long as you are driving from the 2N3055 unbalanced output it will be fine. This output will drive +26dBu into a 200 ohm lo6af.  They were used on 16 track routing modules with 8 fold back sends.

Cheers

Ian

I totally missed the repies to my question!

Thanks Ian, thats what i figured since i have seen other routingmodules with multiple sends but did not have a schematic to compare with.
I also would love to stay with the original design if possible.

Will hunt for some dual 10k pots then with 1/4" and 1/8" shafts.

ruffrecords said:
As long as you are driving from the 2N3055 unbalanced output it will be fine. This output will drive +26dBu into a 200 ohm lo6af.  They were used on 16 track routing modules with 8 fold back sends.

Cheers

Ian

Only 1 for both  16 track routing modules and 8 fold back sends.
or 2 splitted
1 for 16 track routing modules
and
1 for 8 fold back sends ?

thanks

r2d2 said:
Only 1 for both  16 track routing modules and 8 fold back sends.
or 2 splitted
1 for 16 track routing modules
and
1 for 8 fold back sends ?

thanks

One for both. They used to be fitted with a 1000uF output capacitor.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back