Klark Teknik buys Mnats pcb's, Purusha cases and joins GroupDIY

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.igsaudio.com/
Contact page lists an Igor. If it is the same Igor, he did make quite a few "GDIY" pcbs.
What's the big deal with companies cloning clones that GDIY cloned? Even if GDIY was the first to clone, it means j*cksh*t.
Has anything original from GDIY been copied?

There are pictures over at Gearslutz where you can see GDIY PCBs in their products.
Link? I couldn't find it.  I found a few threads but no pic of a PCB.

It seems like this thread is a 'joke' - in that klark technic ISN'T actually using GDIY pcbs (original layouts).  They are just cloning the same popular pieces of gear that are also popular on GDIY.

And btw, our layouts are original. All of them.
Any real evidence of a company using GDIY pcbs / layouts?

Yeah the klark teknik clam is absurd but the IGS early  line is without a doubt in my eyes directly from Jakob's projects and others. Their Eqs look nearly identical to other members projects as well.  And their 1176 really does look like an mnats pcb.
I'm not the only member to notice this.  The Igor connection was their front panel layout and they made arrogant and extrodinary claims (there might have been validity)  that were similar to his syntax. And yeah an Igor is part of their company.

dmp said:
Link? I couldn't find it.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/12336883-post1032.html

I believe it's not a secret that IGS steal (or used to?)  other people's efforts and AFAIR it has been discussed a few times over the years here.

warpie said:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/12336883-post1032.html

I believe it's not a secret that IGS steal (or used to?)  other people's efforts and AFAIR it has been discussed a few times over the years here.

Identical. That's lame.

mjrippe said:
If it is not yet abundantly clear, the title of this thread is sarcasm.  But a Klark Teknik *clam* would be absurd.

BfTMsC5.png

Any reverse (diy) engineering project here , about the iQ stereo inductors equalizer ?
http://www.igsaudio.com/iq
peace

r2d2 said:
Any reverse (diy) engineering project here , about the iQ stereo inductors equalizer ?
http://www.igsaudio.com/iq
The sweetest parametric EQ?
One of the main advantages of true-parametric EQ is the ability to dial the frequency exactly, in particular for notching unwanted tones. Using switched inductors is antithetical. I think this piece of gear should not be called parametric.

abbey road d enfer said:
The sweetest parametric EQ?
One of the main advantages of true-parametric EQ is the ability to dial the frequency exactly, in particular for notching unwanted tones. Using switched inductors is antithetical. I think this piece of gear should not be called parametric.
Thanks for post "A.R.D.",
not looking for transparent Eq unit , but for old neve style (X81, X84) Eq ,
without finance catastrophe .

Gold said:
I think all the cloning shows  distinct lack of creativity, but is understandable. There is something to be said for proven designs. For beginners it's a good lesson to learn your stuff sounds no better with the good stuff than with the bad stuff.  An SM57 (58) is an original proven design. When musicians walk in and they see stuff they are familiar with it puts them at ease.  I'm having trouble thinking of a mic that is better in that situation. Sure there are more Hi Fi options but they all come with large down sides like worse gain before feedback or not taking years of abuse.

Not only that.

It is also what the customer wants.

I was talking to a pro audio gear rental company owner a while ago. The have invested heavily in the digital world. The problem they are facing is that a significant part of their biggest customers wants the old consoles and stuff back.

I think training their engineers to work with the new stuff is getting a bit over their heads.

But still, the pro audio market is pretty conservative. Cloning is a safe way to stay in business. R&D is minimal, profit is maximal.

I started this thread with a joke title just to call to the atention that "Klark Teknik" a brand associated with good products  (of their own design) for the Live sound market mainly, now that was bought by Behringer will be used just as a tag name for Behringer series of cloned vintage products

Whoops said:
I started this thread with a joke title just to call to the atention that "Klark Teknik" a brand associated with good products  (of their own design) for the Live sound market mainly, now that was bought by Behringer will be used just as a tag name for Behringer series of cloned vintage products
You have done a good thing Whoops,
… seem that the Gdiy be  contagious thing …..  ;D
and the price of the klark teknik 1176 is less expensive than Uadio….
some week ago i met a guy on a music instruments store that have got a used klark teknik 1176 pair
from ebay for 1100  euro , considered how much money and the quantity of time (and brain energy)
is required for get a working G1176 or Mnats stereo set  ,
it is sure not a bad deal / chance
and more lot of time (ad fun too) for make music , recording,mixing,

I understand what you say but was not even that.

I'm just sad a once good brand will stop developing products and now will be just a moniker name for Behringer clones

Actually, a lot of the R&D folks are still there, so while there still is a very real risk of shitty products because of cost targets, Behringer is going to use the old know how.

Latest posts

Back