Klark Teknik buys Mnats pcb's, Purusha cases and joins GroupDIY

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoops said:
I understand what you say but was not even that.

I'm just sad a once good brand will stop developing products and now will be just a moniker name for Behringer clones
Don't worry Whoops ,(i'm n your side)
i understood the "deterioration" of….
only wanted to turn on a little light on the positive side of…
but when Behringer is  in the middle of the "pinball" game
quality do not have easy life…

not only for klark teknik….
considered china clones …
but the deterioration of all music and audio world started with digital techs and audio files  :'(

Jarno said:
Actually, a lot of the R&D folks are still there, so while there still is a very real risk of sh*tty products because of cost targets, Behringer is going to use the old know how.

In fact, Music Group just invested 1 million UK£ in a new building for the development team. AFAIK none of the team left when they took over. So I don't see a reason to be pessimistic. It's not as if KLARK was doing so well, financially, before...

SIXTYNINER said:
but the deterioration of all music and audio world started with digital techs and audio files  :'(

I don't really know what you mean by that

Deterioration in recording started the first time you pressed REC on a tape deck. And it became worse every time you pressed Play.

but I don't think this is relevant to this thread or subject matter anyway

cyrano said:
In fact, Music Group just invested 1 million UK£ in a new building for the development team. AFAIK none of the team left when they took over. So I don't see a reason to be pessimistic. It's not as if KLARK was doing so well, financially, before...

5Baoupt.png

8TpreaX.png

Whoops said:
I don't really know what you mean by that

Deterioration in recording started the first time you pressed REC on a tape deck. And it became worse every time you pressed Play.

but I don't think this is relevant to this thread or subject matter anyway

I mean :  Moneys  ,

the start point of all (unfortunately)
and related "domino" effect on the music-sound  production world chain ,
of which pro audio (and video) manufacturers are part of ,

digital destroyed record market sales (mp3, compact disc pirate copy,etc..) ,
primary money source for music-sound industry, (publishing and copyright apart)

then so much less money around from records market ,
less money to invest in music productions , videoclips ( and recording technology devices )

less money for music artists production (audio and videoclips) ,
then less money to spend for recording studio rent (and "added" musicians too ),

and then recording studio close or reduce the number of rooms (included pro audio devices number),
sound engineers , assistants, technicians,
sexy  :eek:  : ( secretary too…
(less new klark teknik (and other brands) devices sold , more used klark teknik devices available ,
Amek closed , DDA closed , Focusrite no more consoles , MCI got by Sony and closed ,
Valley People closed, Uptown got by Api , Otari, Studer, Revox, 99% of audio and video  tapes manufacturers ,
and so on and on and on…. workers , engineers, sexy secretary  :eek: and all the rest.. )

never checked the money gain range difference between a music vinyl album and a mp3 ?
and how many musicians and assistants was involved in the 60,70,80,90 age for make a music album,
and how many today ?

Digital revolution ?  Digital what ?

Digital catastrophe !!!   :mad:

Live PA want digital , and we all know why ,

digital reduce cost of the devices , (and sound quality level i.m.h.o.)
less cost , lower price for new live desk ,
that include soft dyn processors and fxs unit too ,
then no more or so much less outboard racks ,

then related sales collapse ,

then less money for manufacturers ..,
less money less research and development ?
( ..what a ride.. :-X  )

ok , electronics research do not require money budget (and space) as for design a new car ,
but what new audio device can make klark teknik ?
api 500 rack size of 1 / 3 octave eq , or splitter ?
new mastering eq ?
new compressor-limiter-expander-gate ?
what else ?

it is not true that there is so much more pro audio gear around  (new, used , diy )
of what necessary ?

do not worry Whoops ,
i understood well that you mean ,
….. just to talk about  ; )

ps
if you mean Mnats now work for klark teknik , i don't know it ,
…. about" lin-dell" ?
how many (hided) suck from gdiy and other similar places
for commercial "intentions" ?

Sorry,
I don't agree with you.

Digital didn't destroy anything at all.

It was  actually because of digital that record sales boomed as high as ever in the 80s and the 90s, so you have to recheck your history knowledge. With the  invent of the CD record labels made huge amounts of profits higher than ever by releasing all the old catalogs in the CD format.

There's less budjet for a record nowadys but also equipment is cheaper, and no-one needs to go into a big studio or facility to make a great record nowadays anyway. less investment but also less cost to do the same thing

There's amazing music being released everyday and the sound quality is best than ever

Independent musicians are able to make records and promote their music worldwide in the digital age.

To be honest I only see positive things and it's quite exciting all the new music and wonderfull music  that comes to my attention everyday.

If some record labels got really fat at some point and now they're thin, it happens, times change and I couldnt care less about those labels

AMEK closed because it was really badly managed.
Everything changes at some point, when cars got popular horse sellers also had to close doors, the same has candle sellers after electricity was everywhere.
Large format mixing consoles are not needed to make a record any more so it's normal there's no demand for it.

Digital just came because people demanded the benefits of it, inventions follow the needs and demands

Whoops said:
record sales boomed as high as ever in the 80s and the 90s, so you have to recheck your history knowledge. With the  invent of the CD record labels made huge amounts of profits higher than ever by releasing all the old catalogs in the CD format.
the beginning of the end

Whoops said:
There's less budjet for a record nowadys but also equipment is cheaper, and no-one needs to go into a big studio or facility to make a great record nowadays anyway. less investment but also less cost to do the same thing

then no klark teknik and other pro audio devices to buy .

Whoops said:
There's amazing music being released everyday and the sound quality is best than ever
sorry i can't agree
still do not found a cd that sound well like various vinyls released at the end of 70 and early 80  age.

still too many unpleasant metallized harmonic frequencies  : (  (( ((((

Whoops said:
Independent musicians are able to make records and promote their music worldwide in the digital age.
and this  a bit help talented musician to appear in the universe ,
and avoid the long time between master delivery , press times, and official release day of the record ,

but on the other hand  the saturation of the market with nonsense low artistic level records .

Whoops said:
Digital just came because people demanded the benefits of it, inventions follow the needs and demands
then no klark teknik and other pro audio brands device are required,
then no sales
then no moneys
then no work for people
then :  Nothing ;D

just as well , is scientifically established that the mp3 distortion damages ears .

the industry want robots , (robots work 24 hours , 7 days , 12 months  , don't need food, sleep,etc…)
but robots don't buy Nothing of what they produce .

Another : Point Of No Return .

Sixtyniner you are confusing a lot of different subjects.

SIXTYNINER said:
still do not found a cd that sound well like various vinyls released at the end of 70 and early 80  age.

And the artists of those records never found any Vinyl release of their music that sounded as good or even similar to the tape mixes they aproved.

Vinyl was never chosen as a end consumer format for music because of it's quality, it was actually quite bad technically compared to the professional existing audio formats.
Record Labels just used vynil because the plastic was really cheap (compared to tape) and was really easy to do thousand units in one hour, you just had to press the plastic.
The choice was to produce more, faster and for a cheaper price. Vynil was fast food, not a quality meal.

SIXTYNINER said:
then no klark teknik and other pro audio devices to buy .

then no klark teknik and other pro audio brands device are required,

Nothing to do with inovation, nothing even to do with Digital.
Klark Teknik had digital products longer before Behringer took over the company, and those are really good products.
Digital or not, a company can be used to develop new products, or improve existing ones.
Behringer decided to use Klark Teknik brand name for clones of vintage well know units, just that.
I wish like other people have said that Klark Teknik continues to develop new products, so I can say I'm happy with the information that was said in these thread.

Digital or not, the music industry is still going strong, new musicians and artists are still getting millionaire and rich everyday, and starving musicians still exist as always existed.
A lot of bigger music studios are closing because the need for that many Big studios is not needed nowadays, but thousands of small studios are being made everyday in peoples home.
It's a paradigm change not the end of music industry or business.

You are maybe confusing Music Insustry with Record Label market share, but even record labels are making a lot of money.

If Behringer stops Klark Teknik from developing new products and use it as a moniker that has nothing to do with digital audio or your personal preference in Vynil records for the 70s

Whoops said:
The choice was to produce more, faster and for a cheaper price. Vynil was fast food, not a quality meal.

Vinyl was printed from audio Tape Master  ,  recorded  on multi tracks Tape machines (Ampex, Studer,etc..) mixed  on analog mixing console , and transferred to audio Tape Master ,  very ears friendly .
(very very very low quantity of metallized frequencies ).

Vinyl is "discreetly" back , (check amazon and specialized stores)
and mostly by demand from Vinyl "lovers", but also from young passionate , also as Cult of ,
but it's printed from digital Master , a bit more punch , but no smooth silk as in that times .

I agree about that the digital is more comfortable for broadcasting use ,
considered how they need to manage songs ,  playlists ,  spots , and related.

Whoops said:
Klark Teknik had digital products longer before Behringer took over the company,

..the beginning of the end ..

Whoops said:
Digital or not, a company can be used to develop new products, or improve existing ones.
Behringer decided to use Klark Teknik brand name for clones of vintage well know units, just that.
I wish like other people have said that Klark Teknik continues to develop new products, so I can say I'm happy with the information that was said in these thread.
..clones are not unknown outsiders for behringer ,
seen that have done with mackie , pioneer DJ tools , and others more…

but less quality on sound  and various parts too ,  i.m.h.o.

Whoops said:
Digital or not, the music industry is still going strong, new musicians and artists are still getting millionaire and rich everyday, and starving musicians still exist as always existed.

very much less than the old good times ,
(old Big Artists and Bands apart,
which spend a part of that more high gains to get big private studio with also Klark Teknik devices , 
…just some of : Peter Gabriel , Genesis, Pink Floyd , Mark Knopfler , Trevor Horn ,
Prince Pasley Park ,  Jimi Hendrix Electric Lady NY , and so on and on...)

Whoops said:
A lot of bigger music studios are closing because the need for that many Big studios is not needed

So sorry Whoops but i  can't agree ,
record an orchestra require space , acoustics , many microphones, cables,preamps , console, technicians,
assistants, some sexy secretary  :eek: :eek: :eek:
and why not : various Klark Teknik devices  . .

Whoops said:
…. but thousands of small studios are being made everyday in peoples home.
And they make orchestra tracks inside the d.a.w box with not paid cracked software,
no microphones , no acoustics , no cables , no preamps , no consoles , no tape machines : (  ,
also unfortunately they do not buy Klark Teknik devices .
(… and no sexy secretary : (( ((((    )

Whoops said:
...You are maybe confusing Music Insustry with Record Label ...
They are in the same moneys chain / department  , (complementary),

old records labels owned for decades very large recording environments ,
with 3, 4, 5, …. control rooms , big studio rooms , and many small-iso booth ,
all rooms interconnected , each control room with large consoles , and 2,3 ,  24 tracks tape machines ,
so lot of outboards (Klark Teknik included)
they start to  cut  away owned big cool studios by moneys issues , when digital mp3 "virus"  start to diffuse ,
and from what i read here and other similar places , there are various technicians members that know so well that times.

Whoops said:
If Behringer stops Klark Teknik from developing new products and use it as a moniker

Here i can fully agree with you !
but if Klark Teknik moneys condition was as in the Analog Gold age ,
surely it would not have been captured by Behringer ,

Digital audio and various other formats are  simple and cheap too , to clone ,
hackers say : when something come digital , clone is just ready.

not the same as hi quality Analog audio level (i mean like Manley and similar , only as example) ,

never got a Behringer device , and i have difficulties to understand why people buy it ,
i.m.h.o.  (with all respect for design engineers that work to )
from what my ears heard from checked units , what people told me about ,
and what i read around from years :
No cool sound as from many other pro audio devices  ,
Frequently fails  (…and stay on foots)
So much frequently the repair cost is 2 times of unit values (then the unit go to trash , or spare parts)
used units values is very low ,(also because for low price of new unit)

not enough ? Other more ?

I think probably only have an aggressive marketing department .
probably chinese provenance ,
where one of the life style seem to be : consumption creates gain .

But let me add : and what a quantity of "trash" .

I've said it often  [ as my observation ] before there was a white market here , Prodigy- DIY  had many grp buys
that were non profit and seemed to prove that it was not hard to do  [ re-construct an old design ] so many to the point
that the white market was created and many spring boarded  grp buys into businesses ,  to the point that there were no  longer
grp buys but people using , taking the info from here and turning it into businesses .
we used to have X-mas giveaways , but that didn't encourage people to join and participate or stick around , so for a large part
prodigy =DIY has turned into a customer service help line for many who started businesses here , based info and interest created
here, the horse is out of the barn!

With this forum I think diy and commercial ventures can co exist.

The main issue is when diy designs get copied verbatim and released as commercial products. Makes people more hesitant to share new diy designs.

It's also a little bothersome to me when I see more and more youtube channels where they tout"their" pieces and, it's clearly a GDIY project with marked pcbs and all...
  I personally believe credit should be given where it's due if one chooses to go public with a project.  I know I couldn't put together a jig saw puzzle without the pieces......But I guess it's similar to hearing a tv soundtrack or commercial where they are obviously pushing one note on a keyboard that triggers a sample from a sound library.....

Only those in the know will notice.....

Back